+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Test/Interview/Documents

jefferson2

Dec 4, 2013
Hello -

I have my citizenship test soon but the letter says I need to bring a lot of documents with me including my original birth certificate.

For the life of me, I can't seem to find it - just a notarized photocopied version.

Is this for an interview after the test? Do I then need to show all documents?

Many thanks.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need birth certificate, if you didn't use it in original citizenship application. It's given in a letter just as an example.

jefferson2

Dec 4, 2013
EasyRider said:
You don't need birth certificate, if you didn't use it in original citizenship application. It's given in a letter just as an example.
OK - thanks. Do you know what process is - does the session include a test and an interview or how does it work? The letter does not say.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1st you write test, then move to another room with interviewers which will call you by name.

Then the agents have to fill File Requirements Checklist on your case during an interview, so they will be asking you to show documents and answer questions. Interview takes about 5 minutes normally. They also will let you know test score in the beginning.

Here's the list of items on checklist, so an agent will have to go through all of these with you:

INTERVIEW
- Identification: Original of 2 IDs submitted with application have been verified (including 1 photo ID)
- Immigration documents originals verified (IMM 1000/5292/5509/5686 and PR Card)
- Signature verified
- Biopage/Renewal page of passport/Travel document provided
- Passports/Travel documents relevant to entire 4 year period
- Passport/Travel documents verified against absences declared on application or RQ (if applicable)
- Work/Education discussed
- Prohibitions declared at interview
- Residence QUestionnaire given at interview with CIC official
- Language (choose one): Satisfactory, Waived, Hearing
- Special Remarks/Explanations/Concerns/or Follow-ups to items from Part A

helloimmigrationworld

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
19-07-2013
Passport Req..
23-09-2013
EasyRider said:
1st you write test, then move to another room with interviewers which will call you by name.

Then the agents have to fill File Requirements Checklist on your case during an interview, so they will be asking you to show documents and answer questions. Interview takes about 5 minutes normally. They also will let you know test score in the beginning.

Here's the list of items on checklist, so an agent will have to go through all of these with you:

INTERVIEW
- Identification: Original of 2 IDs submitted with application have been verified (including 1 photo ID)
- Immigration documents originals verified (IMM 1000/5292/5509/5686 and PR Card)
- Signature verified
- Biopage/Renewal page of passport/Travel document provided
- Passports/Travel documents relevant to entire 4 year period
- Passport/Travel documents verified against absences declared on application or RQ (if applicable)
- Work/Education discussed
- Prohibitions declared at interview
- Residence QUestionnaire given at interview with CIC official
- Language (choose one): Satisfactory, Waived, Hearing
- Special Remarks/Explanations/Concerns/or Follow-ups to items from Part A
When you submit the passport xerox copyon your test day, did you take phto copies of all pages or the only stampped one..Please share..

mojojojo

Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just had test, passed! ;D ...and interview :'(

The test was as expected. If you take some practice test and read the book you will be fine.

The interview... *sigh*

There were discrepancies between the original application and the RQ in terms of travels. Between family, work and being close to the border, I have 30+ stamps on multiple passports for the period of time before the application - some a same-day trip. When doing the RQ I was more thorough (admittedly I was a bit nervous to get the RQ), unfortunately, I included more trips in the RQ than in the original application and they did not match up.

Add to the discrepancy a bunch of stamps which makes it tough understand quickly, well... the officer was not super pleased. She mentioned she was going to get the CBSA record and take a look at my stamps, write the notes and send it to the judge. If the judge is satisfied, I'll get my oath invitation in 3-5 months, if not, I'll have to wait for a hearing for up to 3 years, which really means infinity years...

MKJ

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Hi Mojojojo,

Congratulations for passing the test but sorry to learn about the RQ.

Can you please let me know:
Did you receive RQ before the Test or after?
Did they ask you to provide residence information from the date you received the RQ[/b] OR from the date you had signed the Application (CIT 002)?
What exactly does the letter say when you received the RQ?

Also, can you plz. share potential link for practise questions for the Test?

Thanks and Regards.

mojojojo

Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received the RQ letter a year ago. She just had the RQ information and all the paperwork there for review.

And the review pertains to the time that qualifies for the application, not the time after the RQ.

Search for "canada citizenship test practice 2013" and you'll get some sites with practice questions.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mojojojo said:
I received the RQ letter a year ago. She just had the RQ information and all the paperwork there for review.

And the review pertains to the time that qualifies for the application, not the time after the RQ.

Search for "canada citizenship test practice 2013" and you'll get some sites with practice questions.
You are also from Vancouver area as well, right? I hope everything is going well with you. I hope to have a test soon as I applied about the same time as you however, I only submitted RQ 10 months ago. So sorry to hear about the interview, hoping the judge will be satisfied with your documents.

mojojojo

Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes. Vancouver.

One thing the officer mentioned is that she inherited my case from someone else. Perhaps our applications were being handled by that person who just left and now it's in the hands of someone faster :)

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mojojojo said:
Yes. Vancouver.

One thing the officer mentioned is that she inherited my case from someone else. Perhaps our applications were being handled by that person who just left and now it's in the hands of someone faster :)
Could you please tell me if your online status said anything about whether you received RQ document from you or not? My does not say anything. I think I will have to call them sometime this month.