+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test, 2020

Serge Snow

Jul 2, 2020
Hello, everybody! Anybody knows when IRCC will organize a citizenship test? I provided my application in July, 2019, but I've not been invited for the test yet.
I received only notification that IRCC is working with my file in October, 2019 and no news anymore!

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello, everybody! Anybody knows when IRCC will organize a citizenship test? I provided my application in July, 2019, but I've not been invited for the test yet.
I received only notification that IRCC is working with my file in October, 2019 and no news anymore!
No news on the citizenship so far. I believe They have been asked many times on twitter but there seems to be a standard reply on this that tests are not being conducted due to pandemic and there is no date yet as to when they will restart.

Reactions: Serge Snow

Aa. Arv

Jul 5, 2020
Not easy to have a virtual test without cheating.
If you read peoples posts on this forum, you will find that people are under a lot of stress due to the delays in the citizenship process, people have their own problems and this stress can cause mental health problems. I think IRCC should be concerned about the mental health of the people rather than proper evaluation of the people with take an exam.
Furthermore, I have already taken a virtual exam myself and I am sure that it is not possible to cheat in virtual exams in any way. I think if a person doesn't know the answer of only a question for example that, what happened in the war of 1812? Will it not be a successful Canadian in future?

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
The government just announced they are going to start opening Service Canada in person services. Hopefully, we’ll hear something soon.

Reactions: Zadik1985
Nov 1, 2020
I wonder how is the process now? Are you still waiting? I applied on Jan and still waiting.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
has anyone tried to contact local MP about tests?

PS: I know it was mentioned in the other thread but I didn't feel like reading through dozens of pages of people fighting.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
has anyone tried to contact local MP about tests?

PS: I know it was mentioned in the other thread but I didn't feel like reading through dozens of pages of people fighting.
Yeah, a few of us have, it runs the gamut of form replies, no replies, and one, Jenny Kang I think (not 100% sure), who actually responded back and seems like she’s going to try and escalate the issue. So, there’s a bit of bright news in the sense one local rep is going to try and push the issue.
I’m hoping with the federal government announcing their 2021 immigration projection numbers, it means they are now turning their attention to that area.

Serge Snow

Jul 2, 2020
I wonder how is the process now? Are you still waiting? I applied on Jan and still waiting.
I have no any invitations yet like all applicants! I want to call to a local MP and suggest you to do the same. We have to provide our problems to the Government through Members of Parliament. Good luck!

Reactions: AshesNdust

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
I have no any invitations yet like all applicants! I want to call to a local MP and suggest you to do the same. We have to provide our problems to the Government through Members of Parliament. Good luck!
If it helps anyone, a coworker who sent in his application a few months ago, told me he just got his AOR. So, there is some movement. I second the suggestion to contact your MP. The more people they have asking them directly about this, the more leverage they have with the Provincial and Federal governments.