+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship interview/document verification for 5 year old

akakmu

Sep 29, 2018
Hi all,
I have received citizenship test for next month. But I haven't gotten anything for my 5 year old son.
Do I need to bring him with me for having his documents verified with me?
Or are his documents to be verified on the day of oath ceremony?
Thanks.

kirch

Jan 26, 2010
Hi all,
I have received citizenship test for next month. But I haven't gotten anything for my 5 year old son.
Do I need to bring him with me for having his documents verified with me?
Or are his documents to be verified on the day of oath ceremony?
Thanks.
Citizenship test /interview is only for 14+ yrs old
You are not required to have any docs.But it is better to carry original documents that you have submitted along with application

akakmu

Sep 29, 2018
Citizenship test /interview is only for 14+ yrs old
You are not required to have any docs.But it is better to carry original documents that you have submitted along with application
Than you for the reply. My main concern is how his documents get verified then? Are they going to send him invitation to oath ceremony without verifying his documents?

kirch

Jan 26, 2010
Than you for the reply. My main concern is how his documents get verified then? Are they going to send him invitation to oath ceremony without verifying his documents?
For 5 years old there is virtually no requirement for citizenship.Even there is no residency requirement.If minors stayed 1 day in Canada ,they are eligible for citizenship.They will verify the PR status with the info you have supplied in the application
However it is always good to carry all the documents of minors along with you while attending interview
During oath you need to provide PR card/Landing papers for minors.They will check and retain

Reactions: qorax

akakmu

Sep 29, 2018
For 5 years old there is virtually no requirement for citizenship.Even there is no residency requirement.If minors stayed 1 day in Canada ,they are eligible for citizenship.They will verify the PR status with the info you have supplied in the application
However it is always good to carry all the documents of minors along with you while attending interview
During oath you need to provide PR card/Landing papers for minors.They will check and retain
Thank you very very much.