+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship for minor - Question 8D

Jdkrs

Mar 4, 2015
Hello Friends,

I recently obtained my canadian citizenship and am now applying for my 5 year old daughter.

While filling out the form, under section 8D i see the following under instructions.

Question 8D
Answer this question if the child's parent acquired Canadian citizenship by birth or by naturalization before February 15, 1977.

But the actual question in the form doesnt seem to reflect clearly whats mentioned in the instruction guide/.
Does this mean that people like me (who got citizenship after Feb 15 , 1977) cannot fill this section. The only reason i am asking this is because, in the entire application form, this is the only section that asks for parents citizenship certificate details. If i dont fill it here, then where else am i gonna fill it ?

Anyone who has filled this before ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jdkrs said:
Hello Friends,

I recently obtained my canadian citizenship and am now applying for my 5 year old daughter.

While filling out the form, under section 8D i see the following under instructions.

Question 8D
Answer this question if the child's parent acquired Canadian citizenship by birth or by naturalization before February 15, 1977.

But the actual question in the form doesnt seem to reflect clearly whats mentioned in the instruction guide/.
Does this mean that people like me (who got citizenship after Feb 15 , 1977) cannot fill this section. The only reason i am asking this is because, in the entire application form, this is the only section that asks for parents citizenship certificate details. If i dont fill it here, then where else am i gonna fill it ?

Anyone who has filled this before ?
1. You obtained your citizenship AFTER 1977 so you DON"T answer the question. You don't "fill" it anywhere else.