+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION - Q 13 OF FORM CIT 0002

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
Dear All,

I am applying for citizenship after fulfilling all requisite conditions. I would be thanful for a clarification on the response to Q 13 in Form CIT 0002:

It states:

Do you currently have or ever held or had immigration or citizenship in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)

In the response box, there are 2 final colums as follows:

Date obtained or effective date

Ending date

Should the date obtained be the date of the latest passport issued by a country or the first date ever on which the passport was issued by a cuntry ? For eg, I hold passport of a country for 30 years and during this period renewed it a few times, then what should be the "Date obtained" ? The first ever date of issue or the date of issue of the latest passport which is currently valid ?

Would appreciate quick response please..
Thanks.

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
For the country of citizenship, I put it as my date of birth For 'Date Obtained' and keep it as blank for 'end date'. Please correct me if I am wrong

Instruction sheet details as below:
Question 13.
Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth)
  • Check either yes or no.
  • If you check yes, complete the chart.
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
  • Date you obtained each status(YYYY-MM-DD)
  • End date if no longer valid, if applicable (YYYY-MM-DD). Leave blank if you currently hold this status

Reactions: mbthakar