+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship application- Proof of language

HARINDER3538

May 7, 2020
i submitted an application for Canadian Citizenship on June 10-2020.My date of Birth is 15 Aug 1965.As i turned 54 in Aug 2019 ,I submitted the application without language proof.My application was sent back as incomplete for want of evidence of language requirement . what I understand is that a person must have completed 55 if he wants to avail the benefit of not submitting Language proof.
I am applying again with my last paid fees,only wanted to share to have senior members s views on it.
Thanks...

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
i submitted an application for Canadian Citizenship on June 10-2020.My date of Birth is 15 Aug 1965.As i turned 54 in Aug 2019 ,I submitted the application without language proof.My application was sent back as incomplete for want of evidence of language requirement . what I understand is that a person must have completed 55 if he wants to avail the benefit of not submitting Language proof.
I am applying again with my last paid fees,only wanted to share to have senior members s views on it.
Thanks...
Thank you for sharing and sorry to hear that, yes you need to be 55 yo the day you sign your application and in your case, you were not 55 yo yet on June 2020. I am very sure now you do not need to send a language proof anymore as you turned 55 yo on 15 Aug 2020.
Good luck!

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Thanks...
Hi, what date you received your application back?

HARINDER3538

May 7, 2020
I receied the application back on Sept 17.I posted it on June 15,Reached and stamped by CIC-Sydney on June 17.

Now I am sending a new application with a fresh Physcial Presence Calculator as on Sept 15.As I turned 55 on Aug 15 ,no proof is required and I have made it clear in Explanatory Letter.I am useing the same Fees Receipt as "Fees were not taken " as conveyed by CIC in their letter
But Still I have a question
Should i leave Q no 9 untouched or should i wrie N/A against it

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Sorry My question is regarding Q No 15 -Shoul i leave it or write N/A against it
Das67 & other Seniors pl guide
There is no NA option for that question. I am not sure how you will answer that question. Say No and add a LOE saying exactly why you cannot add a proof of language.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
cant i add n/a by myself as the yes or no is for age 18-54
I am not sure you are allowed to add an option that is not in the application. I don't want to mislead you, maybe an opinion from member who didn't need the test will be better.

HARINDER3538

May 7, 2020
I have read the question again.
" if you are 18-54 years of age,you must submitt proof that demonstrates that you have knoweledge in english or french.
If you are YOUNGER THAN 14 OR OLDER THAN 54,you are NOT required to provide language evidence.

So I have highlighted YOUNGER THAN 14 OR OLDER THAN 54,you are NOT required and added a N/A as it is a paper application.I have also mentioned it in LOE.
I think it will work....

Reactions: Das67

HARINDER3538

May 7, 2020
Actually there should be a column- Are you younger than 18 or older than 55 -it will save a lot of confusion YES/NO
One more thing which i came to know and share with all on Forum that you can use your old ielts or other exam certificate for this.There is no expiry of these for Citizenship Application if they are after the tear 2008.

senior members your views pl

HARINDER3538

May 7, 2020
Sent my fresh Citizenship application with new date and signature and new physcial calculator on Sept15-2020.Used the same Receipt fee as the fee not take n or returned still holds well.I have sent an explanation letter also that that Now when I have attained the age of 55.I am submitting a fresh application.
Also found on instruction from CIC on web that if a question do not applies to you OR no column is in the form-One should attach an explanatory note with N/A.