+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application For Student Schooling In USA with PR Status

ASOAT

Feb 26, 2017
l'm due to apply for citizenship with PR status.

l've been schooling outside Canada (in USA) for the past 4 years.

Where can l get or what are the requirements to apply for citizenship because l couldn't see citizenship application information relating to PR candidates studying outside Canada.

I will appreciate information on this asap.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
ASOAT said:

Where can l get or what are the requirements to apply for citizenship because l couldn't see citizenship application information relating to PR candidates studying outside Canada.

There is no information about cases like yours because I don't think there is such exception ... and I am not even sure how you can maintain your PR status if you have been out of Canada for over 4 years...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ASOAT said:

Due to apply for citizenship? You don't meet the residency requirement for citizenship and depending on your circumstances, might not meet the Residency Obligation for retaining your PR status.

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ASOAT said:

i agree with everyone else. i don't think you are eligible to apply. much less you have the possiblity of not being able to comply with the residency requirements to retain your PR