+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Sao Paulo makes decision after only 37 days!!????

shiftpro

Star Member
Nov 21, 2010
Nelson, BC
Visa Office......
Sao PAulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-11
VISA ISSUED...
October '11 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LANDED..........
December 16, 2011
Hi folks,
So I'm posting this only for comments. I can't believe this myself. I mentioned a few weeks back that they had
already sent a letter to my wife in Brazil asking for her passport. Now the ecas is showing a decision has been made and
will contact her.
I have no reason to think they have refused her application.
So what do you think may be going on. A sudden dash of efficiency ? Heaps of luck? Or a falling turd?
Will I have my lovely wife home for Christmas??

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
shiftpro said:
Hi folks,
So I'm posting this only for comments. I can't believe this myself. I mentioned a few weeks back that they had
already sent a letter to my wife in Brazil asking for her passport. Now the ecas is showing a decision has been made and
will contact her.
I have no reason to think they have refused her application.
So what do you think may be going on. A sudden dash of efficiency ? Heaps of luck? Or a falling turd?
Will I have my lovely wife home for Christmas??
I GUESS ITS DAMN POSITIVE FOR YOU. CONGRATS

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Heaps of luck and blessings. Start researching flights. :p

shiftpro

Star Member
Nov 21, 2010
Nelson, BC
Visa Office......
Sao PAulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-11
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
December 16, 2011
Well my friend s another week has come and gone and we still do not know the results of the posted
decision made. My dear wife did receive two calls from Sao Paulo last week but she was not able to
attend to them. There have been some recent issues in the mail system so perhaps there is a letter yet to arrive.
Anyway we're feeling a bit anxious but cautiously optimistic.

I'll be back when this unfolds.
Ate logo

aileenruss

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MLA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2011
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011(letter date)
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Done....
27-05-2011
Passport Req..
11-11-2011(letter date)
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2012
LANDED..........
27-02-2012
suva said:
I GUESS ITS DAMN POSITIVE FOR YOU. CONGRATS
CAPS? bitter? lol.. jk...

leroadrunner

Apr 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
AOR Received.
21-12-2011 In Process: 25-01-2012
File Transfer...
21-11-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2012
shiftpro said:
Well my friend s another week has come and gone and we still do not know the results of the posted
decision made. My dear wife did receive two calls from Sao Paulo last week but she was not able to
attend to them. There have been some recent issues in the mail system so perhaps there is a letter yet to arrive.
Anyway we're feeling a bit anxious but cautiously optimistic.

I'll be back when this unfolds.
Ate logo
Fantastic news, keep us posted!

shiftpro

Star Member
Nov 21, 2010
Nelson, BC
Visa Office......
Sao PAulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-11
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
December 16, 2011
Happy days! My wife received a call yesterday from Sao Paulo letting her know her passport and visa were ready, and should they hold for
pickup or mail it out?
Wow..
and so fast makes my head spin. Thank you CIC Sao Paulo!!!

I mailed our applications off to Mississauga around the 15th of May.

June 21st I receive an email from CPC Mississauga notifying me that my sponsorship has been approved and that
the undertaking and the Application for Permanent Residence have been forwarded to the Visa Office in SAO PAULO for further processing.

June 28th eCAS shows they received the application.

August 12th started processing.

Some time around September 11th - 18th eCAS posted that a decision was made and they would contact the applicant.
That's when I started this post. Sure had me nervous because it was moving so fast and I'm sure the anxiety I
felt was nothing compared to the souls who wait months to years for this process to pass.
CIC Sao Paulo has been calling maybe once to twice a week for the past few weeks but my wife was not able to attend.
We imagined by now they gave up calling and a letter was on it's way.
My wife said the agent who called was very pleasant and thanked us for such a nice job with the application!! (ME DID!!)
and that it made her job very easy. She promised to get it in the mail for Bahia comes monday.

This is still just soaking in to me folks! I think I'm in a little shock or something haha! I just called my love a few hours back and got
the news so everyone here is are the second to hear the news from my mouth, or fingers I guess.

We will be back home by christmas... my dear wife will have to get broken in to our wonderful white winters real quick!
As will I as this will be my first winter back in Canada since '03 :eek:
Blessings

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
Congrats....such great news....

leroadrunner

Apr 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
21-11-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2012
Great news shiftpro! Our goal is now to beat your record! hahahaha!

What did you do special for your application? Ours is already in progress...but it could help anybody else. Tons of evidence? Well organized?

Cheers!

shiftpro

Star Member
Nov 21, 2010
Nelson, BC
Visa Office......
Sao PAulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-11
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
December 16, 2011
Thank you everyone what a feeling. Just made a quick call to Brazil and it's real, I wasn't dreaming!

You know I actually didn't have a lot of evidence. Two years ago when we were together for my 5.5 month
stay in Bahia I took a whack of photos, but just of her and we had hardly anything of us together. So really only
a handful of photos. Also through the summer of '10 while back in Canada, we communicated a lot through email
and then later I had a major computer fail and even though I was expecting this and had backed up everything
when my computer finally died and I bought a new one, installed my 'cloned' computer and didn't get all my folders
I had created which held some 35 emails. So no proof of communication from this period.
One thing I believe worked to our advantage was that I returned this year from Brazil near the end of April. When at home
I put the final touches on the application and finally mailed it off like I said the 15th of May. So through this three weeks
from the end of April until May 15th we spoke about every other day on the phone and had some Skype calls. My phone bill
arrived at the last moment and I was able to show these calls, nearly everyday since I had been back at home.

I had only one letter of reference from the American-Brazilian man who owns the restaurant where we had our first date
together some four years ago. He is also currently my wife's English teacher.

We included pictures of the wedding, maybe 5 or 6 tops. A few pics from the reception. Included a copy of a drawing of us together
made by a cute little 10 year old menina, and a picture of her and Suzy together with a note explaining she made the 'art'.

I also think my additional words, addendum added, really helped. Whenever there was a question on the application that need
further explaining I would write up a nice little addendum clearly marked as to which question it was referring to. Now here's the
thing my friends, I re-wrote these letters over and over to get them clear and concise, to the point and in minimum words.
So there was lots of details, but condensed into short clear readable points.
I really think this contributed to the speedy work preformed in Sao Paulo. And the VO did thank my wife Suzy for such a well
completed application.

I wrote also my own take on how our relationship developed. I also explained that I had been in Brazil every winter for the past
seven years and that my intention was to get to kn ow the culture and country, learn Portugues AND find a wife. I wrote that I
could have accomplished this in my first season visiting but that I don't work that way because I'm old fashioned and needed to
court my love over a few years before deciding to marry.
The other point that helped was that my wife Suzete has no children so in other words no eligible family members to potentially
immigrate to Canada so they only had her to do the back ground checks on.

Anyway, my application was much more organized and less wordy than this post I can promise that!

You know folks, I'm not one for christmas and really haven't celebrated this since I was a kid living with my parents, but I'm getting
the feeling there may very well be a real BC Alpine fir christmas tree in our living room this year!

Thanks again for all the support and good wishes,
I love you all!
shiftpro/Bennett

ccbrasil

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2012
LANDED..........
04-13-2012
shiftpro said:
Thank you everyone what a feeling. Just made a quick call to Brazil and it's real, I wasn't dreaming!

You know I actually didn't have a lot of evidence. Two years ago when we were together for my 5.5 month
stay in Bahia I took a whack of photos, but just of her and we had hardly anything of us together. So really only
a handful of photos. Also through the summer of '10 while back in Canada, we communicated a lot through email
and then later I had a major computer fail and even though I was expecting this and had backed up everything
when my computer finally died and I bought a new one, installed my 'cloned' computer and didn't get all my folders
I had created which held some 35 emails. So no proof of communication from this period.
One thing I believe worked to our advantage was that I returned this year from Brazil near the end of April. When at home
I put the final touches on the application and finally mailed it off like I said the 15th of May. So through this three weeks
from the end of April until May 15th we spoke about every other day on the phone and had some Skype calls. My phone bill
arrived at the last moment and I was able to show these calls, nearly everyday since I had been back at home.

I had only one letter of reference from the American-Brazilian man who owns the restaurant where we had our first date
together some four years ago. He is also currently my wife's English teacher.

We included pictures of the wedding, maybe 5 or 6 tops. A few pics from the reception. Included a copy of a drawing of us together
made by a cute little 10 year old menina, and a picture of her and Suzy together with a note explaining she made the 'art'.

I also think my additional words, addendum added, really helped. Whenever there was a question on the application that need
further explaining I would write up a nice little addendum clearly marked as to which question it was referring to. Now here's the
thing my friends, I re-wrote these letters over and over to get them clear and concise, to the point and in minimum words.
So there was lots of details, but condensed into short clear readable points.
I really think this contributed to the speedy work preformed in Sao Paulo. And the VO did thank my wife Suzy for such a well
completed application.

I wrote also my own take on how our relationship developed. I also explained that I had been in Brazil every winter for the past
seven years and that my intention was to get to kn ow the culture and country, learn Portugues AND find a wife. I wrote that I
could have accomplished this in my first season visiting but that I don't work that way because I'm old fashioned and needed to
court my love over a few years before deciding to marry.
The other point that helped was that my wife Suzete has no children so in other words no eligible family members to potentially
immigrate to Canada so they only had her to do the back ground checks on.

Anyway, my application was much more organized and less wordy than this post I can promise that!

You know folks, I'm not one for christmas and really haven't celebrated this since I was a kid living with my parents, but I'm getting
the feeling there may very well be a real BC Alpine fir christmas tree in our living room this year!

Thanks again for all the support and good wishes,
I love you all!
shiftpro/Bennett
You have noooooo idea how good this makes me and my husband feel. Our application was very organized, we had a separate envelope for the forms, the supporting documents and for the evidence, but no matter what the anxiety sets in until you have an answer. I think in many ways our case is similar to yours, the only thing that is different is that he is here with me... but I have faith that Sao Paulo will do the same for us!

I'm truly so happy for you too and wish you the best!

Thanks for the advise

shiftpro

Star Member
Nov 21, 2010
Nelson, BC
Visa Office......
Sao PAulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-11
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
December 16, 2011
de nada!
Oh I can imagine...
that's why I posted my story because without this forum with people's stories I would have been a flaming wreck...
You will be landing in Canada very soon I can feel this. So enjoy the warm climate while you can because Canada is kinda
cool at some times.
I'll be stalking this forum for some time so I'll be keeping an eye on you cc ok?
muito sorte
e
beijos :-*

ccbrasil

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-22-2012
LANDED..........
04-13-2012
Actually my husband is here in Canada with me, he's under a post doctoral fellowship pogram at a University, but we found out that because he is here legally, and under a "special" type of visa we could still apply outland.

He also already lived here for a year before, as an exchange student while he was doing his PHD. The funny thing is that he tolerates the cold weather much more than I do :D

Anyway, we've been together now for almost 4 years, and while he was back in Brazil I went to visit him like 5 times, we travelled together, we have tons of photos, emails, skype messages, airline confirmations, our wedding invitation and website, etc, I think we are OK on the proof side, and our documents and forms were well put together. My only real concern is that they don't renew his current visa or if that they take too long, although your experience kind of erased this last option. Oh did I mention I live in Quebec? this also tends to delay at least a month because we also need approval from the Province, and THEN it goes to Sao Paulo.

Either way, no matter what happens, we are together, and if we have to move to Brazil to wait we'll do it!

Stick around the forum and I'll keep you posted on our progress!

Muito obrigada!

leroadrunner

Apr 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
21-11-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2012
shiftpro said:
de nada!
Oh I can imagine...
that's why I posted my story because without this forum with people's stories I would have been a flaming wreck...
You will be landing in Canada very soon I can feel this. So enjoy the warm climate while you can because Canada is kinda
cool at some times.
I'll be stalking this forum for some time so I'll be keeping an eye on you cc ok?
muito sorte
e
beijos :-*

Thank you so much! It does really help!