19-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
12-10-2010
rjessome said:
Don't bash Heather. She's right. And Sarah, yeah, the questions may have been too specific. That seems to be a common problem when people call the CIC call centre. They can only give general information, can't comment about your individual circumstances. This forum is great but remember, it's an internet forum and nobody here knows EVERYTHING about your file. Double or triple check all of the advice you get before you proceed. You don't want to make a mistake based on someone else's experience when your situation is different.
I agree completely.

Personally, on one call to CIC when I had some questions regarding a new spousal submission after a denied conjugal partner submission, I got very helpful advice and when the agent didn't know the answer to one of my questions, they checked with their supervisor before responding. I have not had problems with CIC. Yes, I've also been frustrated when I get an "I don't know" response, but you later realize that they really didn't know when you got that response.

And yes, double, triple check information from this site. Not every response is accurate.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
I don't find them rude, but it's true that they don't really seem to have much information. As some who has worked at a call centre, I can sympathize. It isn't their fault that they don't know... but it can be frustrating. It's CIC themselves that should provide proper information to both the applicant and the call centre, not the poor guy/gal on the other end of the line. :)

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
canadianwoman said:
Often they just don't know the answer. I think they should try to hire people who have already done a sponsorship themselves. After trying to bring a spouse or partner to Canada, we all know a lot about what can go wrong.
I agree, only people who have gone through any immigration process are more resourcefull and more capable to understand and answer any question re: immigration procedures, forms, etc.

Although, the CIC Agents try their best to help the callers, and I can immagine how many calls they receive on daily basis, perhaps some rude callers (now there is a recorded message saying: rude behavior towards the agent won't be tolerated...., several years ago all my calls were connected right away without this warning!!!) and also the language barriers some of us still have, ah well, nothing is perfect, I can only suggest to try several times to speak with different agents and gather as much info as possible.

Good luck to everyone!!! my papers are still in process since March and still counting the days I have left before my current permit expires ;)

I

iarblue

Well put yourself in their place,you sit behind a desk for 8+ hours listening to people scream,yell,or curse at you.And i would imagine that they are also told in training dont answer anything you are unsure of.After all people have been through on here and we still dont come close to having all the answers,so i could never expect them to.And they likely have not gone through the process but maybe some have.
But just like any other job right your boss tells you if you are unsure of something dont do it ask questions and until you know do not try it.You really have to give them some credit for trying to help as much as they do.And everyone has a bad day.
It has nothing to do with where the CIC is or who answers the phone when you call.

wilder1047

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Never ever have I had somebody be rude to me.. and I have called alot. One has to wonder if they're being rude to you, how pleasant are you actually being to them? My only complaint about them is that they have given me conflicting information when I called to confirm my question with another Call Agent. It seems as though you ask them a question, they find the answer in the guide and give you THEIR interpretation of it. Government forms are very annoying since they can be very ambiguous at times. Which most likely allows them to manipulate some parts to their benefit when need be. Or is that just my pessissmistic view, not sure.

GOOD LUCK!!

B

boyee6576

I had called and always got someone willing to help. I had called a couple of times to ask the where abouts of my file after our appeal was allowed. I had been told it was there on the 13th of April, and I had called about something else and asked again about if my file was in Canada or Delhi. I was then told he was there on the 9th of april. It doesnt really matter since its in delhi and I am thankful.
They only think I would complain about is they can not tell you the status of your file once its in the visa office. Ecas is not very reliable as we all know and it would be nice to just call and they can say a letter has been mailed or what have you. but I guess if they had that kind of Info then you would have alot longer wait time trying to talk to an agent.
Just be glad when all this is over. :)

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whatever to whoever said 8+ hours.
thats their job. if they dont like 8 hours CIC call center then go work at timhortons or starbucks.

they are there to help us. i think what piss them out is SAME qeustions from different people over and over. thats what pisses them out. so they pass it on to other callers their anger.