+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Choose between PR through QSW or EE

jetashah

Mar 21, 2021
Hello,

I am looking for advise!

I applied for Quebec Skilled Worker PR file after receiving CSQ through PEQ. My file is under process since 14 months (no AOR yet). I am on closed work permit in Quebec which will expire by Oct 2021 and my employer might help me again to extend. When I came to Canada, I landed to Ontario then changed college to Quebec and then started working at the same college. Learned French and got CSQ but now as PR from Quebec is taking too long, I applied for EE (express entry).

Recently I created profile for express entry and got ITA to apply. Now I am confused if I should accept the application? If I do so, I'll provide Letter Of Explanation, leave Quebec, go to Ontario and apply for Bridging Work Permit before submitting documents. In Ontario, I have my relatives plus my driving license has Ontario address also I can give residing address proof of Ontario. Is this enough to convince the officer?
My concern is if I accept ITA, I'll have to withdraw QSW (Quebec Skilled Worker) file. And incase get rejection from express entry, all the hard work will go in vain.

Questions:
1. Are the above proof enough to convince officer for express entry file? What are the chances of rejection?
2. If I accept ITA, do I have to withdraw QSW file myself? If so, at what stage should I do it? OR will the officer tell me to withdraw before PR approval from one of the process?
3. Is it worth going for express entry in my situation (keeping in mind approx 12 months of processing nowadays for express entry files as well)
4. Should I go for express entry or continue QSW (don't know how long it will take!!) ?

Is there someone who passed through same situation and got PR?

Reactions: Sam#mann

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Hello,

I am looking for advise!

I applied for Quebec Skilled Worker PR file after receiving CSQ through PEQ. My file is under process since 14 months (no AOR yet). I am on closed work permit in Quebec which will expire by Oct 2021 and my employer might help me again to extend. When I came to Canada, I landed to Ontario then changed college to Quebec and then started working at the same college. Learned French and got CSQ but now as PR from Quebec is taking too long, I applied for EE (express entry).

Recently I created profile for express entry and got ITA to apply. Now I am confused if I should accept the application? If I do so, I'll provide Letter Of Explanation, leave Quebec, go to Ontario and apply for Bridging Work Permit before submitting documents. In Ontario, I have my relatives plus my driving license has Ontario address also I can give residing address proof of Ontario. Is this enough to convince the officer?
My concern is if I accept ITA, I'll have to withdraw QSW (Quebec Skilled Worker) file. And incase get rejection from express entry, all the hard work will go in vain.

Questions:
1. Are the above proof enough to convince officer for express entry file? What are the chances of rejection?
2. If I accept ITA, do I have to withdraw QSW file myself? If so, at what stage should I do it? OR will the officer tell me to withdraw before PR approval from one of the process?
3. Is it worth going for express entry in my situation (keeping in mind approx 12 months of processing nowadays for express entry files as well)
4. Should I go for express entry or continue QSW (don't know how long it will take!!) ?

Is there someone who passed through same situation and got PR?
You have to weigh in the fact that EE applications are also taking longer to process. So the fact that you got invited through EE doesn't necessarily mean you will be PR quicker through this route. On the other hand, if you truly see yourself living outside of QC, then it may be worth considering accepting the ITA and pursuing that route. But if you choose so, it may be harder to proof an officer you intend to live outside QC when you have greater ties to QC than ON. For example, having a job in QC and education from a QC institution.

You will also have to withdraw your QC application if you chose the EE route. Keep in mind that QC immigration is almost completely different than EE and there will be conflicting interest if you keep both applications.

In my opinion, I would pursue the QC route since you are already settled in QC, have a job and education from QC. As I know the wait is a killer but trust me, once you get PR, anxiouness just disappears.

pw123

Mar 16, 2021
Hi, I'm facing the exact same issue! My file has only been processed for 6 months but i want to switch to EE. :confused:

I have one question though. You said you created an EE profile and got an ITA, while still being in the process of QSW. Is it ok to keep your QSW when you created an EE profile? Do you only need to cancel QSW if you accept the invitation?

jetashah

Mar 21, 2021
You have to weigh in the fact that EE applications are also taking longer to process. So the fact that you got invited through EE doesn't necessarily mean you will be PR quicker through this route. On the other hand, if you truly see yourself living outside of QC, then it may be worth considering accepting the ITA and pursuing that route. But if you choose so, it may be harder to proof an officer you intend to live outside QC when you have greater ties to QC than ON. For example, having a job in QC and education from a QC institution.

You will also have to withdraw your QC application if you chose the EE route. Keep in mind that QC immigration is almost completely different than EE and there will be conflicting interest if you keep both applications.

In my opinion, I would pursue the QC route since you are already settled in QC, have a job and education from QC. As I know the wait is a killer but trust me, once you get PR, anxiouness just disappears.
True, both can take up to same processing time but atleast Quebec is guarantying PR
Thank you for your response

jetashah

Mar 21, 2021
Hi, I'm facing the exact same issue! My file has only been processed for 6 months but i want to switch to EE. :confused:

I have one question though. You said you created an EE profile and got an ITA, while still being in the process of QSW. Is it ok to keep your QSW when you created an EE profile? Do you only need to cancel QSW if you accept the invitation?
Yes you can create profile eventhough QSW in process. You will have to make a decision which process you want to follow, so if you get ITA, soon you will need to choose if staying in Quebec is beneficial or leaving.
But it is not mandatory to withdraw QSW rightaway if you accept the invitation (this is what I understand after speaking to IRCC but still want to confirm)

Reactions: pw123

pw123

Mar 16, 2021
Yes you can create profile eventhough QSW in process. You will have to make a decision which process you want to follow, so if you get ITA, soon you will need to choose if staying in Quebec is beneficial or leaving.
But it is not mandatory to withdraw QSW rightaway if you accept the invitation (this is what I understand after speaking to IRCC but still want to confirm)
Thanks for the reply.

I think I will quit QSW and do EE, since I'll move to Ontario with my partner. I'm just a bit worried that the officer will question my intention of staying in Ontario, since I've got a CSQ in the past (saw some other comments saying that if you've got a CSQ in the past, it will lower your EE's chance) and stayed in Quebec for 6 years. However, if I keep my QSW, I might still be questioned since I'll move to Ontario. It's such a mess o_O

pw123

Mar 16, 2021

Hi novascotia27,

Do you think moving to ON after working and studying in QC will really make it harder to proof my intention to live outside QC? I studied in QC for 5 years, and worked for a QC company for almost a year. Now I want to move to ON with my partner who recently got a job there. My QC job is remote, so I want to keep my job after moving. I will be able to provide lease, car insurance, bank statement, health insurance, and proof of working remotely from my boss showing that I'm in ON. Will these proof be enough?

If I cancel QSW and go with EE, the officer might question my intention of LEAVING QC, but if I keep my QSW, the officer might question my intention of STAYING in QC, since I'll be living in ON. What should i do o_O

phys

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Thanks for the reply.

I think I will quit QSW and do EE, since I'll move to Ontario with my partner. I'm just a bit worried that the officer will question my intention of staying in Ontario, since I've got a CSQ in the past (saw some other comments saying that if you've got a CSQ in the past, it will lower your EE's chance) and stayed in Quebec for 6 years. However, if I keep my QSW, I might still be questioned since I'll move to Ontario. It's such a mess o_O
I don't think so that having a CSQ will lower your chance. It doesn't make sense. Look, you got an offer, or something in your life changed and you moved Ontario, then applied via EE. That's it. Additionally, nobody wants to take French exams, pay for them and pay another 1K for the CSQ applications.

monyao

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Is it possible to stay in QSW stream while working in Ontario but living in Montreal?
I already submitted my QSW application to Federal.