+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chinese-Citizenship Girlfriend Obtaining TRV to Visit Canadian Boyfriend

flydream19

Dec 20, 2016
Hello everyone! Thank you for reading first of all.

Overview
I am a Canadian citizen who resided in Ontario for 10+ years. I have visited China in August 2016 and entered a romantic relationship with my girlfriend. Now I am residing in Toronto, ON and my girlfriend wants to visit me and experience what is it like to live in Canada.

About My Girlfriend
Her bank balance has enough funds for a single-traveller's visit to Canada. She is a recent university graduate with no jobs. She has a house that is worth at least CA$20,000 in China. I could be wrong, but there are two ways to apply for a TRV for her. The first is to apply as a traveller, no friend-dependency in Canada. And the second is to apply as a friend/family visitor, which in addition to all the documents, requires my documents.

Questions
1. Which type of visa should she apply in China in order to have a higher success rate in obtaining a 6-month TRV Visa to Canada?
2. If she were to apply as a friend/family visitor, would the fact that her and I are in a romantic relationship affect the success rate of obtaining such as visa?

Thank you all again for helping me!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
flydream19 said:
Her bank balance has enough funds for a single-traveller's visit to Canada. She is a recent university graduate with no jobs. She has a house that is worth at least CA$20,000 in China.
Let her focus on this in her application.

I could be wrong, but there are two ways to apply for a TRV for her. The first is to apply as a traveller, no friend-dependency in Canada. And the second is to apply as a friend/family visitor, which in addition to all the documents, requires my documents.
The second: not really. Your documents would just be supplementary, but the meat is really in her own documents.

Questions
1. Which type of visa should she apply in China in order to have a higher success rate in obtaining a 6-month TRV Visa to Canada?
It depends on her ties.

2. If she were to apply as a friend/family visitor, would the fact that her and I are in a romantic relationship affect the success rate of obtaining such as visa?
In my opinion, this is actually tougher.