+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child US Citizen - does he need to apply PR card as well

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The initial PR Cards are ordered by the immigration officer after the COPR has been validated.

I don't know if he needs one, at his age, but if he does, it will `magically arrive' in your mailbox.

Did you have to provide photos of him, per the photo spec document?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All of your family will get their PR cards in the mail after you land. There is no need to fill out a separate PR card application.

hereicomecanada

Oct 14, 2012
Leon said:
All of your family will get their PR cards in the mail after you land. There is no need to fill out a separate PR card application.

Leon, are you saying if we are applying for PR Card for the first time (when we land), we do not have to fill out a whole bunch of forms and get notarized documents ready? What about photo?

Thank you

hereicomecanada

Oct 14, 2012
Ponga said:
The initial PR Cards are ordered by the immigration officer after the COPR has been validated.

I don't know if he needs one, at his age, but if he does, it will `magically arrive' in your mailbox.

Did you have to provide photos of him, per the photo spec document?

No need to prepare application package before we land there? Yes I did send his photos per the specs.

Do we need to carry additions photos (2 photos) with us?

Thank you Ponga

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hereicomecanada said:
Leon, are you saying if we are applying for PR Card for the first time (when we land), we do not have to fill out a whole bunch of forms and get notarized documents ready? What about photo?

Thank you
If you already applied for PR and filled out a whole bunch of forms already and sent photos and you have your COPR, I am saying you do not have to fill out a bunch more forms in order to apply for a PR card because it is an automatic part of the process and they will use the photos you already provided unless there is some problem with them. However, as this is a small child who has most likely changed in appearance since you sent his photo for the PR application, you may want to get new photos taken and see if they will accept them when you land.

hereicomecanada

Oct 14, 2012
Leon said:
If you already applied for PR and filled out a whole bunch of forms already and sent photos and you have your COPR, I am saying you do not have to fill out a bunch more forms in order to apply for a PR card because it is an automatic part of the process and they will use the photos you already provided unless there is some problem with them. However, as this is a small child who has most likely changed in appearance since you sent his photo for the PR application, you may want to get new photos taken and see if they will accept them when you land.

Thank you Leon