+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

child support

Mikecanada

Sep 13, 2015
Hello everyone,
I am a divorced person with my ex on mutual consent, and I am a Canadian citizen. I want to sponsor my spouse from my home country to Canada. We are going to marry soon. However, I have a daughter in Canada from my previous marriage. I have a good relationship with her, and her mother and I continue to be on good terms. My ex already married to someone in Canada. My issue is related to child support.

In our divorce order, the lawyer has put $000.00 for child support but my ex-wife and I have always just worked this out on our own as my employment has changed over the years and I've been in and out of the country. She's always been satisfied with this arrangement, and I frequently give my daughter money, gifts, etc. directly. Here are my questions:

1. Is "divorce order mentioning child support" is given with every divorce involving children? Or is this specific to situations where the divorcing parties have disagreements and the court gets involved, etc.?

2. Should I include a letter from my ex-wife stating that I've fulfilled my financial obligations as a father? Is such a letter likely to satisfy the official in charge of my case? Should such a letter include dollar amounts?

3. What further documentary evidence is necessary, or likely to prevent delays in our application? This will be very difficult to document because I've spent most of the past few years out of the country as a stay-at-home person

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Mike

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,
I am a divorced person with my ex on mutual consent, and I am a Canadian citizen. I want to sponsor my spouse from my home country to Canada. We are going to marry soon. However, I have a daughter in Canada from my previous marriage. I have a good relationship with her, and her mother and I continue to be on good terms. My ex already married to someone in Canada. My issue is related to child support.

In our divorce order, the lawyer has put $000.00 for child support but my ex-wife and I have always just worked this out on our own as my employment has changed over the years and I've been in and out of the country. She's always been satisfied with this arrangement, and I frequently give my daughter money, gifts, etc. directly. Here are my questions:

1. Is "divorce order mentioning child support" is given with every divorce involving children? Or is this specific to situations where the divorcing parties have disagreements and the court gets involved, etc.?

2. Should I include a letter from my ex-wife stating that I've fulfilled my financial obligations as a father? Is such a letter likely to satisfy the official in charge of my case? Should such a letter include dollar amounts?

3. What further documentary evidence is necessary, or likely to prevent delays in our application? This will be very difficult to document because I've spent most of the past few years out of the country as a stay-at-home person

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Mike
How did you get PR and when did you land? Were you sponsored by your ex-spouse?