+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing School issues need to clarify

Asfahm

Sep 25, 2022
1) Can I change my school right after reaching to Canada?
2) Can I claim for the refund of the tuition fees before the course begins?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. If you have never studied at the school on your study permit for at least a semester, no. You need to apply for a new study permit.
2. That is an issue with your school so contact them.

Reactions: YVR123

Asfahm

Sep 25, 2022
1. If you have never studied at the school on your study permit for at least a semester, no. You need to apply for a new study permit.
2. That is an issue with your school so contact them.
1) if I'm inside canada, i also have apply for new SP?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1) if I'm inside canada, i also have apply for new SP?
Have you studied at least one semester on the school on your study permit? If the answer is no and you have no intention of attending the school, then you need a new study permit. You can’t work.

Reactions: YVR123

Asfahm

Sep 25, 2022
Have you studied at least one semester on the school on your study permit? If the answer is no and you have no intention of attending the school, then you need a new study permit. You can’t work.
I would like to say, Suppose, I applied for a program and I got the Visa. Now I moved to canada and before the class starts, I changed my DLI. Isn't it possible?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I would like to say, Suppose, I applied for a program and I got the Visa. Now I moved to canada and before the class starts, I changed my DLI. Isn't it possible?
Again, if you NEVER studied at the DLI on your study permit, you need a new permit. So if you came to Canada, you must study at the DLI on your permit for at least a semester.

Reactions: YVR123 and Asfahm

Asfahm

Sep 25, 2022
Thank you, Gotchaa. Brother, which province has higher PR chances??
Again, if you NEVER studied at the DLI on your study permit, you need a new permit. So if you came to Canada, you must study at the DLI on your permit for at least a semester.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You need to research each province and see where you are eligible. Each province has different requirements based on your NOC, job offer, family in province, age, skilled work experience, education and language.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

`1, No, you have to continue to study for first semester before changing DLI
2. If you want to go to a new DLI you will have to apply for new study permit before entering Canada.
3. Unlikely as you weren't refused.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Impossible to say so far in advance but in general it is easier to get accepted to provinces that are less desirable to new immigrants, There are exceptions to this rule though. Would focus on getting a study permit if you are going to apply for a new one, passing your course, applying for PGWP and then getting a job in NOC0, A or B.