+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing 'Relative in Canada' to 'Yes' after ITA

adihrra

Apr 4, 2015
Hi folks,

I have got an ITA last week and until now I was not claiming any points for my sibling in Canada in EE application because It was hard for me to produce the relationship as my sibling don't have a birth certificate.

But now while I am filling the ITA , I see the question again and I feel I should mention the truth now as I wont claim any points and I will not be asked for any proofs.
I can still change that option to 'yes' and provide details and submit LOE for the same.

What should I do ?

1) I should add my relative information while submitting the PR application add an LOE to explain this.

2) I decline the ITA and edit my EE but again no guarantee if I will get ITA again.

3) I open a case on CIC but they dont come back soon and I am likely to just wait for their response which may take huge time as I have just 09 days to submit the app.

Please advise

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi folks,

I have got an ITA last week and until now I was not claiming any points for my sibling in Canada in EE application because It was hard for me to produce the relationship as my sibling don't have a birth certificate.

But now while I am filling the ITA , I see the question again and I feel I should mention the truth now as I wont claim any points and I will not be asked for any proofs.
I can still change that option to 'yes' and provide details and submit LOE for the same.

What should I do ?

1) I should add my relative information while submitting the PR application add an LOE to explain this.

2) I decline the ITA and edit my EE but again no guarantee if I will get ITA again.

3) I open a case on CIC but they dont come back soon and I am likely to just wait for their response which may take huge time as I have just 09 days to submit the app.

Please advise
#1 is OK