+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing Province After Master's Study

priyanair

Star Member
Mar 11, 2014
I got admit from Concordia university in Quebec for Masters's, but I do want to move to Toronto after I finish my studies . I want to know if I can get post study work permit outside Quebec and then PR from outside Quebec. Or is it necessary to do everything from Quebec itself ? I prefer Toronto as its easy to find job. But for studies I prefer Quebec as cost's are considerably less.

semmir

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
I finished my studies in Ontario (at highest cost in Canada :( ).
Post graduate work permit is actually "Open Work Permit". which means you can work anywhere in Canada.
And I applied for post graduate work permit, I had the option to choose which province I will most probably be working. So that is not a problem.

However, since Quebec is outside of Canada (joking :D) , you better double check it with that province regulation.

priyanair

Star Member
Mar 11, 2014
:):) I agree that when it comes to Quebec , one has to be extra careful , that's why I require advice from Guru's here :)
.....DOn't worry about the money spend , you will make it in a few months :)

SaiSivaRam

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
priyanair said:
:):) I agree that when it comes to Quebec , one has to be extra careful , that's why I require advice from Guru's here :)
.....DOn't worry about the money spend , you will make it in a few months :)
I think the eligibility for PGWP is graduating from any post secondary univ from Canada - please find exact/more information at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp - it doesnt mentions any special regulations/conditions for graduates from Quebec universities, so you are good to apply for PGWP after graduation - and like 'semmir' mentioned its 'OPEN' work permit, which means its not bound to any employer, so you are free to go anywhere from Atlantic provinces to West coast - that being said, if you are intended to apply for PR and take advantage of provincial nomination programs, you may want to do some research on what various provinces are offering, what are the conditions .... then you can step forward accordingly - good luck with your studies and other future endeavors !!