+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing of course after refusal

Love29

May 6, 2022
I have masters in computer application
I have an experience since 2013 as a computer programmer.
I applied for a full stack web development course in Macewan university through everest consultants and unfortunately, got rejection twice due to weak sop I guess, showing that my experience and education do not require this course.

Now my consultant is advising me to change the course " project management in same University.

I want to know if changing course will help or not

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not unless you can show how it will lead to career advancement and higher salary. You have a masters degree so it must expand and build on your education. A computer development course isn’t going to do that. PM is a General program offered at most colleges.

Love29

May 6, 2022
Not unless you can show how it will lead to career advancement and higher salary. You have a masters degree so it must expand and build on your education. A computer development course isn’t going to do that. PM is a General program offered at most colleges.
So should I go with project management course??? Does changing course create doubt in embassy officers like the person only want to land in Canada no matter what the course is???

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So should I go with project management course??? Does changing course create doubt in embassy officers like the person only want to land in Canada no matter what the course is???
You need to show how it builds on your career and advances your education…so your choice. Changing cours3s can create red flags. What were reasons for refusal? Order GCMS notes before reapplying since you have 2 refusals. Look at Masters programs.

Reactions: Love29

Love29

May 6, 2022
Thanku for ur reply.
I got my GCMS notes . Embassy is not convinced bacause of the course I chose.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanku for ur reply.
I got my GCMS notes . Embassy is not convinced bacause of the course I chose.
You have a Masters in Computers and applied for a PG program n computer related field. Ths does not show education or career advancement since you are in computer programming. What are your career goals? Select a program that will build on that - look at masters programs.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have masters in computer application
I have an experience since 2013 as a computer programmer.
I applied for a full stack web development course in Macewan university through everest consultants and unfortunately, got rejection twice due to weak sop I guess, showing that my experience and education do not require this course.

Now my consultant is advising me to change the course " project management in same University.

I want to know if changing course will help or not
If your goal is to immigrate have you looked at the various economic immigration programs? If you have been working in IT and have a masters you likely qualify for express entry.

Reactions: Love29

Love29

May 6, 2022
If your goal is to immigrate have you looked at the various economic immigration programs? If you have been working in IT and have a masters you likely qualify for express entry.
Yes but my crs score is not enough to get PNP nomination. Do u know how a person can get nomination with low crs or in which should I apply

Valeurs2005

May 29, 2021
They know students who come to "study" want to stay, so in my opinion come to study something better or higher (in degree) that gives you better options, rather than a college.