+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing from Single entry visa to Multiple entry visa

dancingqueen

Jan 20, 2010
Hi there,
My mom is staying with me as a visitor and her visa is single entry. Now we need to switch it to multiple one. I know from this forum that we CAN do that by apply at an immigration office in US. But I couldn't find any application form for this purpose on CIC website. Can anyone show me please?
Thank you a bunch!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
dancingqueen said:
Hi there,
My mom is staying with me as a visitor and her visa is single entry. Now we need to switch it to multiple one. I know from this forum that we CAN do that by apply at an immigration office in US. But I couldn't find any application form for this purpose on CIC website. Can anyone show me please?
Thank you a bunch!

Hi,

Hope this helps.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng#REQUIREMENTSALL

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
dancingqueen said:
Thank you, job_seeker. Does it mean I have to re-apply for a visitor visa again?
Yes. Anyway if it is a single entry visitor visa your mom has, I am assuming she had already used it. But if you don't want her to leave and you just want her to stay a little longer, you can apply for an extension of her visit to CPC-Vegreville.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

dancingqueen

Jan 20, 2010
Actually I want to both extend her stay and change her visa to a multiple one. I guess I dont have to submit both applications (extend - to CPC-Vegreville and a new multiple one - to CIC in US) b/c they're somehow in conflict. I am really confused now.
So, your help is truly appreciated!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
dancingqueen said:
Actually I want to both extend her stay and change her visa to a multiple one. I guess I dont have to submit both applications (extend - to CPC-Vegreville and a new multiple one - to CIC in US) b/c they're somehow in conflict. I am really confused now.
So, your help is truly appreciated!
You can apply for a new multiple entry visitor visa now but she would have to leave Canada as soon as her approved visit is over (usually 6 months after arrival). And even if she did have a multiple entry visa, she can not come back too soon after leaving the country. If you applied for an extension of the visit, the average processing time is now 79 days, but there is no guarantee either way that the multiple entry visa application or the extension request would be granted. The request for extension would buy you a little more time though.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
also keep in mind that they can easily refuse multiple entry visa in Buffalo, they are quite strict with that.

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
is it more difficult to get a multiple entry visa than a single entry visa? if the multi is declined would a single be issued if the person is acceptable? We applied for a multiple just because we thought it would be easier... never thought that they might reject it just because we asked for multiple entry?

thanks