+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changing employer

jhen025

Mar 8, 2012
Hi, I am jhen. I am currently working as live-in caregiver under live-in program. I decided to change my employer for a reason. And I have found employers who are willing to hire me and get LMO for me. My questions are, Is it possible to have two different employers to file LMO for me? Is it ok if I sign two contracts to both of them and process two LMO? Because I can't assure if one LMO application will be approved or denied. Am I having any conflict if there are two LMO in process in favor of me? Please let me know your thoughts, and would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Not good for your employers. You're giving them false hopes (at least one of them will surely have wasted his or her time) How would you feel if your employer submitted LMOs for two caregivers and the other caregiver was processed ahead of you? Be above board and choose one.

jhen025 said:
Hi, I am jhen. I am currently working as live-in caregiver under live-in program. I decided to change my employer for a reason. And I have found employers who are willing to hire me and get LMO for me. My questions are, Is it possible to have two different employers to file LMO for me? Is it ok if I sign two contracts to both of them and process two LMO? Because I can't assure if one LMO application will be approved or denied. Am I having any conflict if there are two LMO in process in favor of me? Please let me know your thoughts, and would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jhen025

Mar 8, 2012
thanks for your thoughts. Because it happened on me before when i met someone that wanted to hire me and she filed an application for LMO. I waited for 4 months. Until she said, she might not able to proceed. How would I know if they are processing the LMO for me?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
That's sad. What province are you in? Anyway, work with agencies, in that way the agencies can ascertain that the LMOs are in progress.

jhen025 said:
thanks for your thoughts. Because it happened on me before when i met someone that wanted to hire me and she filed an application for LMO. I waited for 4 months. Until she said, she might not able to proceed. How would I know if they are processing the LMO for me?

jhen025

Mar 8, 2012
I am at Ottawa, Ontario. Is there any proof I can ask from them to know if they are really processing the LMO for me? Do I have to sign a contract for their LMO application? It's too hard to wait for months then you will know at the end that you just waited for nothing.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Yes, there should be a contract. Ask to help with the LMO application like sending it by fax or mailing the application package for them. Be friends with your prospective employer. Are there no agencies you can work with in Ottawa? Agencies don't charge caregivers so work with agencies in finding you an employer.

jhen025 said:
I am at Ottawa, Ontario. Is there any proof I can ask from them to know if they are really processing the LMO for me? Do I have to sign a contract for their LMO application? It's too hard to wait for months then you will know at the end that you just waited for nothing.

jhen025

Mar 8, 2012
I have met three employers who are wanted to hire me and get LMO for me. I just want to make sure if i choose one from them, they will process the LMO, and I am willing to wait for stated processing time.

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
jhen025 said:
I have met three employers who are wanted to hire me and get LMO for me. I just want to make sure if i choose one from them, they will process the LMO, and I am willing to wait for stated processing time.
hi jhen025,
Im from Ottawa as well(just moved last Nov.). Ask your prospective employers to be. Explain to them that you're under the LCP and you need sponsorship for your papers and time is of essence.They will understand the situation. If they dont know how to do the paperworks, let them hire an agency and if they dont want to spend money let them call service canada and they will guide the employer step by step on what to do. If they're not willing and they cant wait then drop them. Remember, time is very important to LiC.good luck!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Choose the one closest to your heart and sign a contract with them. Download and print a copy of what the requirements for the caregiver are and also the requirements for the family looking for a caregiver. It is not difficult to apply for the LMO, just tedious because of the required documents.

jhen025 said:

jhen025

Mar 8, 2012
Thank you guys for your responses....I will definitely choose one from them. I am hoping to get the LMO and process the work permit asap. God bless us. Thanks again.,