+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing country during application process

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
Hi,

What happens if we start an outland application with both of us living abroad, in UK, but then 8 months after submitting the application I move to Canada and my wife moves to Italy while we wait for her PR?

Would the process get delayed / is there risk that the application would be refused and we would have to restart?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

What happens if we start an outland application with both of us living abroad, in UK, but then 8 months after submitting the application I move to Canada and my wife moves to Italy while we wait for her PR?

Would the process get delayed / is there risk that the application would be refused and we would have to restart?
No issue you just have update your addresses. Would also explain why you are moving to separate locations to ensure there aren’t any concerns that you are separating. If you have a valid reason like you have a job offer in Canada that you’d like to start before sponsorship is approved because your plans are to both relocate to Canada then that is perfectly reasonable reason to move early. If she is visiting her family before moving to Canada that would also be a valid reason for her to go to Italy alone. If she is a UK or Italian citizen she can come with you to Canada as a visitor before sponsorship is approved.

Reactions: YVR123

Ste_Vege

Star Member
Nov 26, 2016
No issue you just have update your addresses. Would also explain why you are moving to separate locations to ensure there aren’t any concerns that you are separating. If you have a valid reason like you have a job offer in Canada that you’d like to start before sponsorship is approved because your plans are to both relocate to Canada then that is perfectly reasonable reason to move early. If she is visiting her family before moving to Canada that would also be a valid reason for her to go to Italy alone. If she is a UK or Italian citizen she can come with you to Canada as a visitor before sponsorship is approved.
She is Italian and we live (renting) in London. If she came with me to Canada as visitor before sponsorship is approved, what would be her residency/official/tax address as we would not have a home in UK anymore as we rent.. could it be the address in Quebec?

Also, will IRCC send me the CoPR by email of by post? Once I receive CoPR I can immigrate to Canada right? And the I would apply for the PR card to be delivered at my new Canadian address?

Also, do you know if the biometrics and medical test can be done in any country, or does it need to be carried out in the same country where the visa office is? for example, if my visa office is UK, can I do the medical test and biometrics in Rome?

Last edited: