+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing conditions from VISITOR to WORKER in canada...??

sanat.376

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
hi all,
There is another dilemma i have, will i be allowed to change my status from a visitor to a worker if i find a suitable employer with an LMO from WITHIN CANADA?????.....
CIC representative told me that I cannot and will have to leave canada and directed me to a page (HELP CENTRE) on CIC website through the link they emailed me...BUT ON THAT PAGE( CIC website) there is a 3rd category, that you still can do it from within canada if you send your application to a canadian embassy or consulate in the US....

I urge all the experts here to please throe some light on this if they know...please

chikku0801

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/14/2014
Med's Request
08/30/2014
Med's Done....
07/24/2014
Yes you can apply with in Canada and should go to border or leave canada and come back for worker visa stamping.

sanat.376

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
i dont understand...how will i fill the application,and when exactly will i be required to go out and come back as a visitor,will i have to get a visitor visa for US as well??

APOLS

Mar 28, 2012
I have the same problem, however my LMO is under the Live-in Caregiver Program. Can I go around the border to apply?

Please help.

Thanks.

Abby

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
APOLS said:
I have the same problem, however my LMO is under the Live-in Caregiver Program. Can I go around the border to apply?

Please help.

Thanks.

Abby
No, Live-in Caregivers cannot apply for a work permit at the border.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/work-temp.asp

Some workers can apply at a port of entry

Most foreign workers must apply for a work permit outside of Canada. However, you may apply for a permit when you arrive at a port of entry in Canada if:

- you are from the U.S., Greenland or St. Pierre and Miquelon;
- you do not need a temporary resident visa (TRV) to visit Canada and your job does not need a labour market opinion from HRSDC;
- you will not be working as a live-in caregiver or as a seasonal agricultural worker;
- you do not need a TRV to visit Canada, your job requires you to have an HRSDC labour market opinion and it has been issued by the time you arrive.