+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changing college aftet getting study permit (Urgent really need a genuine help)

saumilbarot

Apr 13, 2015
I have a study permit for Jan 2016 intake in Conestoga college for two years. I am trying to get the admissions in July for one year program in mitt. I really want to get in that program. Meanwhile I don't want to study and waste my one term fees in Conestoga college. What should I do? Is there any option like just don't attend Conestoga and get the offer letter of mitt or rcc and wait for 4 to 5 months by just doing job.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
saumilbarot said:
I have a study permit for Jan 2016 intake in Conestoga college for two years. I am trying to get the admissions in July for one year program in mitt. I really want to get in that program. Meanwhile I don't want to study and waste my one term fees in Conestoga college. What should I do? Is there any option like just don't attend Conestoga and get the offer letter of mitt or rcc and wait for 4 to 5 months by just doing job.
no if u go to canada and not study/enroll in college u will lose ur study permit as colleges r required to notify CIC if applicant does not enroll

"As of June 1, 2014, all study permit holders in Canada will need to actively pursue studies. This means that:

if you hold a study permit, you must remain enrolled and make reasonable and timely progress towards completing your program; and
failing to do so could lead to your removal from Canada."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-changes.asp

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
in my opinion wait in ur home country till the new admission comes through then notify CIC of change of institution and then go to canada with the new admission letter and 1-2 months before the start date of ur new course. Again this is just my opinion.

saumilbarot

Apr 13, 2015
Hey..thx for the reply. I just have one intention to get pr easily. As its really tough to do in Ontario. Thats just a reason to get a program in Manitoba. Right now there is no chance to get a seat there in any program and I can't wait in India after reaching so far. So I think there is just one option ..study one term in Conestoga then move. What you think is it worth to waste 7000$ for this or I just should complete the 2 year program and then move and if things get worse take another one year program in Manitoba or some other province? What's your opinion?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
saumilbarot said:
Hey..thx for the reply. I just have one intention to get pr easily. As its really tough to do in Ontario. Thats just a reason to get a program in Manitoba. Right now there is no chance to get a seat there in any program and I can't wait in India after reaching so far. So I think there is just one option ..study one term in Conestoga then move. What you think is it worth to waste 7000$ for this or I just should complete the 2 year program and then move and if things get worse take another one year program in Manitoba or some other province? What's your opinion?
well my opinion is do whichever is the better program as what r u going to do with PR if u dont have a job. So be it Manitoba or Ontario select the best program for u. Always do a 2 year program or 1+1=2 year programs to get 3 year PGWP. Try to do Masters over PG diploma if thats an option. Work in ur home country for atleast 1 year before u come to canada and get a work experience letter in the required format. Work on ur english.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saumilbarot said:
You can apply for Mitt. and get the offer letter from them. Based on that offer letter you can apply for study permit extension. Meanwhile, you can work for that 4 months while waiting for next course to start.

saumilbarot

Apr 13, 2015
Hi..how am I gonna apply for extension . is it easy and smooth? And ya I don't want to do any illegal things there .

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
saumilbarot said:
Hi..how am I gonna apply for extension . is it easy and smooth? And ya I don't want to do any illegal things there .
I dont know what he is talking about when he says extensionI dont think u need extension u need is to notify CIC of change of institution. As per my understanding ur still in ur home country right? Then best option for u is stay there till the next course starts and notify CIC about change in college. If u come to canada and work and not study it could create problems later during ur PR process. Dont risk it.