+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Change stream to EE CEC"

veilofsun

Aug 7, 2018
Hello everyone,

I found myself in a not pleasant situation and I would be happy to hear your opinions.

I came to Canada a little over one year ago by PNP Skilled Worker Oversea program and applied to a Permanent Resident status (AOR Sep 2017, Medical Passed - June 20, 2018).
Unfortunately, last week I was fired from my job. And I am looking for new opportunities.

I'd been working full time, thus I definitely have more than 1560 hours(in ROE stated that I have a little over 2100 insurable hours). I wonder if I can change my stream from Skilled Worker to Express Entre Canadian Experience Class? Or I need to file a new application? What would happen to my existing PR application?

I can try to find something whiting my province or got a new job offer(apply via Global Stream for a new WP and EE CEC eventually).

What would me my alternatives or what would be a better approach here?

Any advice is more than welcome.

Last edited:

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi there,

You can not change streams, but you are most definitely welcomed to apply through a new stream. It will be treated as a brand new application and you have to file in accordingly. It is allowed to apply through as many streams as you wish. Each application will be processed individually.

Your previous application will remain in place and get processed accordingly.

My personal advice; I know you have been fired, but I would do my best to get back and work it out, until at least you PR application is over. Even if your employer is in the wrong %100. If that could not be done. Then I think you're pretty much on the right path. Applying for CEC is not a bad option.

Please do stick around for more answers, I'm an old applicant, rules might have changed.

Best of luck,

Reactions: veilofsun