+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Visa office

freakonaleash

Feb 18, 2014
Hi,

I had sent my cec application from UK to CIO in sydney on 17th Dec.
Today I got e-mail from CIO that my application has been found to be complete and will be forwarded to visa processing office.

But my situation has changed after I sent my application and now I am in the USA on work permit which is valid for 3 years.

I want my application to be processed in USA instead of UK. Will I be able to change the visa office now? How will my application be processed if they have already sent it to UK?
Please help me out guys.

Regards

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
freakonaleash said:
Hi,

I had sent my cec application from UK to CIO in sydney on 17th Dec.
Today I got e-mail from CIO that my application has been found to be complete and will be forwarded to visa processing office.

But my situation has changed after I sent my application and now I am in the USA on work permit which is valid for 3 years.

I want my application to be processed in USA instead of UK. Will I be able to change the visa office now? How will my application be processed if they have already sent it to UK?
Please help me out guys.

Regards
All CEC application are processed in Canada at CPC-Ottawa. There's nothing you can change about that :)

freakonaleash

Feb 18, 2014
iam_toby said:
All CEC application are processed in Canada at CPC-Ottawa. There's nothing you can change about that :)
Thanks Toby. :-[

Glad to know that. I wonder why the asked to select the visa office in the application form.

I will just e-mail CPC-Ottawa about my address and contact info in the USA.

Thanks again

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
freakonaleash said:

Glad to know that. I wonder why the asked to select the visa office in the application form.

Thanks again
Yes, inform them about the change. Guess the form where you have the option to request a visa office
is a generic form and used for other PR applications as well; and maybe applicants have the option to choose
the office in other immigration streams.

Make sure to follow the instructions on how to write an email to CPC-O I posted on my website:
>> http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/3/post/2014/01/how-do-i-contact-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-regarding-my-cec-application.html

HY325

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2014
LANDED..........
18-01-2014
freakonaleash said:

Thanks again

they ask you to select the visa office but all CEC application is processed at ottawa so dont worry ;)
but you should inform them about the address change.
best of luck for the rest of process!

freakonaleash

Feb 18, 2014
iam_toby said:
Yes, inform them about the change. Guess the form where you have the option to request a visa office
is a generic form and used for other PR applications as well; and maybe applicants have the option to choose
the office in other immigration streams.

Make sure to follow the instructions on how to write an email to CPC-O I posted on my website:
>>
Oh :( I already sent the e-mail without reading your post and I screwed it up.
I did not mention my date of birth, also it is not in the same format as they expect it to be.

Should I send the e-mail again?

freakonaleash

Feb 18, 2014
HY325 said:
they ask you to select the visa office but all CEC application is processed at ottawa so dont worry ;)
but you should inform them about the address change.
best of luck for the rest of process!
Thanks man. Hopefully the rest of the process is quick.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
freakonaleash said:
Oh :( I already sent the e-mail without reading your post and I screwed it up.
I did not mention my date of birth, also it is not in the same format as they expect it to be.

Should I send the e-mail again?
Yes, re-send the email and make sure to include all necessary information.