+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Status just before COPR, can i still travel to Canada as i got my pp stamped.

Apr 27, 2022
Hi i received my application in Nov 2019, and received COPR in Feb 2022. yes after 3 long years. since applying i have got married and now i am not sure if i should land in Canada as i have already got my PP stamped. i have been attempting to Contact IRCC using various webforms but they have not replied. the wait is exhausting. please advice what i can do. should i land in canada as i have my pp stamped?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi i received my application in Nov 2019, and received COPR in Feb 2022. yes after 3 long years. since applying i have got married and now i am not sure if i should land in Canada as i have already got my PP stamped. i have been attempting to Contact IRCC using various webforms but they have not replied. the wait is exhausting. please advice what i can do. should i land in canada as i have my pp stamped?
No - do not land in Canada. If you land in Canada using the COPR you have now, this will be misrepresentation and you will never be able to sponsor your spouse. This may also cause problems for your PR status.

You must notify IRCC that you have gotten married and then submit all of the paperwork to add your spouse to your application. Your spouse will need to provide PCCs and also complete a medical. Once IRCC processes your spouse's information, they will issue a new COPR and you will be able to use that COPR to land.

Absolutely do not land using the COPR you have now.

Reactions: armoured