+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of marital status

Ksen4ik

May 18, 2014
Change of marital status
Hi,
I have valid study permit that expires in August 2015 and valid co-op work permit. I got married in April 2014. My husband is Russian citizen too. In my previous applications I always ticked “single” as our relationship didn’t fall under the definition of the common-law partners. He has visited me in December 2013. In one of the supporting documents for his visitor visa we explained in the letter that he is coming to visit me and that I’m a student, as well as we attached a letter of confirmation from my university.
How should I inform CIC the changes of marital status so my husband can apply for an open work permit?
Kind regards,
Xenia

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think he should just apply as any other spouse and supply a marriage certificate. If you wish, you both could write letter of explanation to attach to his application but it is not necessary because he visited you and you have now a marriage certificate.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ksen4ik said:
Change of marital status
Hi,
I have valid study permit that expires in August 2015 and valid co-op work permit. I got married in April 2014. My husband is Russian citizen too. In my previous applications I always ticked “single” as our relationship didn't fall under the definition of the common-law partners. He has visited me in December 2013. In one of the supporting documents for his visitor visa we explained in the letter that he is coming to visit me and that I'm a student, as well as we attached a letter of confirmation from my university.
How should I inform CIC the changes of marital status so my husband can apply for an open work permit?
Kind regards,
Xenia
Привет, Ксения.

Самое главное, что сейчас на руках есть свидетельство о браке. В департамент ты обязана была бы написать, если б твой семейный статус изменился в процессе обработки заявления на выдачу визы. Муж сейчас в России или в Канаде?

Пиши,
Константин

Ksen4ik

May 18, 2014
Thank you Regina!

Константин, добрый день.
Благодарю за ответ. Муж в России. Я должна на VOS (Application for a Verification of Status) подать, прежде чем он будет подаваться?
С уважением,
Ксения