+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Application Status

suzanne456

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Hello Guys,

Could I please get some help regarding the below query? Any help at all is much appreciated.

I applied for Federal Skilled Worker last October and received my AOR in the same month. At that stage in time, I was single and unmarried. However, my relationship status has currently changed when I met my Fiancé at the beginning of this year and I plan to get married by the end of this year. He is a Canadian Citizen.

1. My questions are what documents would I need to submit again to the IRCC to inform of this change?

2. Should I submit these documents after my marriage or should I keep them already informed of my status change as of now as we are currently engaged?

3. How will this affect my PR application since he is a Canadian citizen?

Kind Regards,

Suzanne

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hello Guys,

Could I please get some help regarding the below query? Any help at all is much appreciated.

I applied for Federal Skilled Worker last October and received my AOR in the same month. At that stage in time, I was single and unmarried. However, my relationship status has currently changed when I met my Fiancé at the beginning of this year and I plan to get married by the end of this year. He is a Canadian Citizen.

1. My questions are what documents would I need to submit again to the IRCC to inform of this change?

2. Should I submit these documents after my marriage or should I keep them already informed of my status change as of now as we are currently engaged?

3. How will this affect my PR application since he is a Canadian citizen?

Kind Regards,

Suzanne
Hi,

If you are planning to declare as common law partner, your fiancé and you will have to have stayed together for a minimum period of 12 months.
The process is exactly the same if you get married or common law. The difference comes in proving the relationships. As for post marriage, a marriage certificate will be required.

Inform IRCC of the status change (stating that he is Canadian Citizen) and they will provide you with the list of documents to include.