+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Address

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I used a Representative when sending the original package to Mississauga. We included the Form 5476 (use of representative) and used the Representative's address in Canada as well as his e-mail address in the Applicant's immigration form IMM 0008.

Is it possible to request a Change of Address, for both the mailing address and e-mail address, by sending a letter to Singapore Visa Office without cancelling the service of the Representative? ( we would like to use my address in Canada as mailing address and my spouses's e-mail address as the main e-mail address )

If it can be done, what information should my spouse include in the letter? Will this confuse the visa officer and/or delay the processing?

(The application is an out-land application which is now at stage 2)

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
goodman36 said:
I used a Representative when sending the original package to Mississauga. We included the Form 5476 (use of representative) and used the Representative's address in Canada as well as his e-mail address in the Applicant's immigration form IMM 0008.

Is it possible to request a Change of Address, for both the mailing address and e-mail address, by sending a letter to Singapore Visa Office without cancelling the service of the Representative? ( we would like to use my address in Canada as mailing address and my spouses's e-mail address as the main e-mail address )

If it can be done, what information should my spouse include in the letter? Will this confuse the visa officer and/or delay the processing?

You can just change the mailing address on ECAS by clicking the link below the address field.. then send the visa office an email including your file number to update your email address.

cha_nurz

Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 6, 2013
AOR Received.
March 27,2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
April 4,2013
Med's Done....
February 26, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 23, 2013, Passport Sent: September 16, 2013 with additional documents Police certificate from SG and Appendix A
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 7 per Visa, DM per E-Cas Nov. 11, Visa on hand Nov. 20, 2014
LANDED..........
February 11, 2014
goodman36 said:

You can change your address and your e-mail add, just go directly to the official website for singapore vo then you can click the inquiry, you need to fill up some info there like the file # then after a week or so they will update your address on E-cas. I just changed last month the mailing address of my husband as the main applicant.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Steph C said:
You can just change the mailing address on ECAS by clicking the link below the address field.. then send the visa office an email including your file number to update your email address.
I am not sure if you can use the link in ECAS to change address if your application is an out-land application .........

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
goodman36 said:
I am not sure if you can use the link in ECAS to change address if your application is an out-land application .........
It shows the applicant's address.. in this case since you're outland in stage 2 the sponsor's address isn't relevant.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK, so it seems I can change the mailling address and e-mail address by either

1) Going online (ECAS page) and clicking the Change Address link

2) Going to Singapore Visa Office official website and clicking the inquiry link and send them an e-mail

3) Using a case specific inquiry by using the link which was provided in the Sponsor approval letter

BUT, can I do the address change (both mailing address & e-mail address) by just mailing a letter to the Visa Officer at the Singapore Visa Office?

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone else can share their experience changing their address (specifically for out-land application)?

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it OK to request the change of address using the case specific inquiry form in CIC from within Canada even though my wife (the applicant) is in her home country? I guess, what I am saying is will they track which computer the inquiry came from? Is it OK to fill out the form on my wife's behalf or it should be the applicant who should fill it out?

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
goodman36 said:
Is it OK to request the change of address using the case specific inquiry form in CIC from within Canada even though my wife (the applicant) is in her home country? I guess, what I am saying is will they track which computer the inquiry came from? Is it OK to fill out the form on my wife's behalf or it should be the applicant who should fill it out?
Yes, it's okay. I do correspondance on behalf of my partner while I'm in Canada all the time.

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
Hello people.

My fiance (sponsor) and I (applicant) applied as common-laws, and before he came to Brazil to visit me in January, he decided it was time to get out of the house we were living in. He is living at his mother's house at the moment until I get back to Canada.
Now, since we got an snail mail for our "Sponsorship Approval" on our old address, and today a friend from same VO got PPR sent to her husband's (sponsor) e-mail, should I change the "Sponsor's address"? The thing is: we are common-laws. Would it be a problem?