+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change in job title & duties within the same NOC code - how to fill Schedule 8?

nogammat

Mar 26, 2013
Hi,

I'm a temporary foreign worker with an intra-company transfer work permit. My employer is likely to change my job role and duties, but they will still conform to the current NOC code.

As advised by the members of this forum on my question under the 'Foreign Worker' section, I don't need to get a new work permit since the NOC code stays the same.

In the above context, I have the following question for the CEC PR:

I have already completed 1 year in Canada and am thinking of applying for PR.

1. Should I wait till the job title/duty change takes place before applying for PR?
2. Should I mention both my job titles and the respective duties as separate entries in Schedule 8?
3. My employer had issued letters stating my existing/old duties for my original work permit application and extension. I am planning to attach these letters instead of asking the employer for a fresh letter. Thus, the letters may not indicate my new job title/duties. Could this be a problem?
4. My actual job title and duties are assigned by the client that I'm working for, not by my employer, as may be the case usually. My employer's HR records mainly go by my "designation" or "grade". I'm assuming that Schedule 8 must contain the job title and not designation or grade as the latter may not be relevant from NOC perspective.

I do not want any confusion if the CIC contacts my employer and there's discrepancy between what I state in my PR application and what they hear from my employer about my job role. Is this likely or am I just being unduly cautious? How long after applying for PR is CIC likely to contact the employer? Does CIC normally enquire about the job title and duties? Do they contact the client or only the employer?

Thanks in advance!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
nogammat said:
1. Should I wait till the job title/duty change takes place before applying for PR?

Apply whenever you become eligible and update CIC later, if you have to.

2. Should I mention both my job titles and the respective duties as separate entries in Schedule 8?

If you already work in that new position, yes.

3. My employer had issued letters stating my existing/old duties for my original work permit application and extension. I am planning to attach these letters instead of asking the employer for a fresh letter. Thus, the letters may not indicate my new job title/duties. Could this be a problem?

If you don't work in that position, no. But if you already work in that new position and you've included said position in the schedule 8 form, then you will need a letter with correct duties etc.

4. My actual job title and duties are assigned by the client that I'm working for, not by my employer, as may be the case usually. My employer's HR records mainly go by my "designation" or "grade". I'm assuming that Schedule 8 must contain the job title and not designation or grade as the latter may not be relevant from NOC perspective.

If your duties and titles are assigned by the client, I recommend asking that client(s) for letters too, stating duties etc.

See comments in red.