+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of getting visa rejected

Meinik2

Sep 14, 2019
Hi, I have a bachelors in education and just finished 2 associates in software development (done at the same time, one course of difference).
There's a one-year diploma in software development I like in Manitoba. This one is almost all web dev, which wasn't in my associates. I only had one web dev class. I would love to do this one, but I worry they will reject my visa application.
Is there a great risk? I am from a country in South America, if it matters, currently living in the US (will do the visa application from here).

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but you will need to be pretty convincing that a one year course expands on the courses you have already taken and also how relevant that is to your batchelors. Add to that given you will be in the US when you apply assume maybe as a temporary resident you will also need to convince immigration about your future intentions to return to your home country or at least leave Canada on completion and how such a course will improve your prospects when you return. Do you have any work experience in the SW field that you can include in your application ?

Not saying you should not try applying but you need to provide some convincing backup

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi, I have a bachelors in education and just finished 2 associates in software development (done at the same time, one course of difference).
There's a one-year diploma in software development I like in Manitoba. This one is almost all web dev, which wasn't in my associates. I only had one web dev class. I would love to do this one, but I worry they will reject my visa application.
Is there a great risk? I am from a country in South America, if it matters, currently living in the US (will do the visa application from here).
No one can give a deterministic answer but getting an offer from University, showing strong home ties, showing a natural progression in your academics, past academic ties after which you returned can help bolster your case.

At a high level why would you pick a one year course that does not seem to fit into your overall academic progression. Do you intend to use this Visa to gain entry and overstay. Those are the questions that will play out in your Visa interview