Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-02-2017
I have a question. I am getting all sorts of things notarized tomorrow to apply for my 2 daughters citizen certificates and I was just speaking with the notary about what is required for certified copies. The site says:

"must PRINT the following on the photocopy:
“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
the name of the original document,
the date of the certification,
his or her name,
his or her official position or title, and
his or her signature."

She said that in place of printing "I certify that this is a true copy of the original document” she can use a stamp from their office that says "certified copy". Is this so?

also...Can stamps be used at ALL on certified copies [even her name/position?] or must it all be printed??

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
julies879 said:
I have a question. I am getting all sorts of things notarized tomorrow to apply for my 2 daughters citizen certificates and I was just speaking with the notary about what is required for certified copies. The site says:

"must PRINT the following on the photocopy:
“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
the name of the original document,
the date of the certification,
his or her name,
his or her official position or title, and
his or her signature."

She said that in place of printing "I certify that this is a true copy of the original document” she can use a stamp from their office that says "certified copy". Is this so?

also...Can stamps be used at ALL on certified copies [even her name/position?] or must it all be printed??
Stamps can be used if they have the correct wording. "Certified Copy" is not the correct wording. To be absolutely certain that the documents will be accepted, ask her to use the wording required by CIC.