+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CERB for newcomers

srirams91

Star Member
Sep 29, 2018
Hey guys, I landed in Toronto in Nov and have a job and worked for about 300 hours now. I understand I'm not eligible for EI but might be eligible for CERB. I have $5000 income in the last year. Can someone confirm? Also, I can't access my CRA or Service Canada account (asking for an access code that I'm not able to get). Pls advise on best way to apply for CERB

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hey guys, I landed in Toronto in Nov and have a job and worked for about 300 hours now. I understand I'm not eligible for EI but might be eligible for CERB. I have $5000 income in the last year. Can someone confirm? Also, I can't access my CRA or Service Canada account (asking for an access code that I'm not able to get). Pls advise on best way to apply for CERB
The government only just announced the CERB. There will be three ways : CRA-My account, My Service Canada Account, or via telephone thru a automated service . There will be agents available to answer questions thru the CRA when the service is up and running in early April
These agents will be dedicated to this particular benefit
From the information you provided it appears you may be eligible.
Contingent on that you’ve lost your job due to Covid ? One will have to wait till everything is fully implemented to apply

Last edited: