+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC PR Refused.

MK12

Oct 16, 2019
Can someone please help. My CEC application is refused because my employment letter is 6 months old even though I worked for that employer for more than 1 year. It was refused because they think I did not work for 1 year with that employer.

Please help what can be done. I have tried contacting them through web form too. Can I do something else or even appeal this decision.
Please help.

Reactions: anuj_25

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
what is your AOR?
That has nothing to do with the question the OP asked...
Can someone please help. My CEC application is refused because my employment letter is 6 months old even though I worked for that employer for more than 1 year. It was refused because they think I did not work for 1 year with that employer.

Please help what can be done. I have tried contacting them through web form too. Can I do something else or even appeal this decision.
Please help.
Did your employment letter clearly state to duration of your work at that company (i.e a FROM and TO date) in addition to your roles and repsonsibilities while there? Employment letter details are clearly stated on the Government of Canada website. See below. Emphasis in bold:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).

Reactions: Naturgrl

MK12

Oct 16, 2019
Hi there,

Yes, I did check that. Unfortunately, what happened was I got that letter while I was still employed with the company, later when I asked them for a letter, they just gave me a new letter with just pay, and just like a confirmation of employment so that's why I uploaded the older one only because that was detailed with my duties and title.
That letter only includes my start date

Is there anything that can be done now?
I even submitted both letters now with T4 through webform, but dont know what to do from here.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there,

Yes, I did check that. Unfortunately, what happened was I got that letter while I was still employed with the company, later when I asked them for a letter, they just gave me a new letter with just pay, and just like a confirmation of employment so that's why I uploaded the older one only because that was detailed with my duties and title.

I even submitted both letters now with T4 through webform, but dont know what to do from here.
Can you get a new letter from your employer with a current date and which meets all of the requirements? If so, then you can try submitting a webform to request reconsideration.

There is a good chance you will need to restart the process again from scratch (i.e. create a new EE profile, wait for ITA and then submit a new application).

MK12

Oct 16, 2019
Can you get a new letter from your employer with a current date and which meets all of the requirements? If so, then you can try submitting a webform to request reconsideration.

There is a good chance you will need to restart the process again from scratch (i.e. create a new EE profile, wait for ITA and then submit a new application).
Yeah, I guess I will try that if nothing else works.

Is there an option for appeal by any chance?

MK12

Oct 16, 2019
That has nothing to do with the question the OP asked...

Did your employment letter clearly state to duration of your work at that company (i.e a FROM and TO date) in addition to your roles and repsonsibilities while there? Employment letter details are clearly stated on the Government of Canada website. See below. Emphasis in bold:
Hi there,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yeah, I guess I will try that if nothing else works.

Is there an option for appeal by any chance?
Yes, there's an option to appeal. But appeals typically only work where there was a clear mistake on IRCC's part. The issue with your situation is that your letter was in fact deficient and that's what resulted in the refusal. So you can try appealing but this is far from a guaranteed path since there was in fact an issue with the documents you submitted.

If IRCC will not reconsider your application after you send a webform, you really should reapply.

What's your EE score right now?

MK12

Oct 16, 2019
Yes, there's an option to appeal. But appeals typically only work where there was a clear mistake on IRCC's part. The issue with your situation is that your letter was in fact deficient and that's what resulted in the refusal. So you can try appealing but this is far from a guaranteed path since there was in fact an issue with the documents you submitted.

If IRCC will not reconsider your application after you send a webform, you really should reapply.

What's your EE score right now?
It was 414 when I submitted in Sep

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It was 414 when I submitted in Sep
I see.

Then it's really hard to say if you would get ITA again through CEC given there have been no recent draws. I'm sure you know that already.

I would start by getting a proper letter from your employer and then trying for reconsideration. If that's refused, you can then talk to a lawyer about appealing.

neo2020

Sep 22, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-04-2021
Med's Done....
13-05-2021

Please help.
Did they submit ADR request before rejecting?

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
This gets me thinking about my CEC application. I worked 8 months in one job and 4 months in another (both full-time, NOC 1123).

I started my first job on 26 October 2020 and my employment letter and RoE states that I worked from "26 October 2020 to 1 July 2021" - so that covers 30 hours per week for 36 weeks.

I started the second job on 5 July (still employed). I will be submitting my profile on 27 October and my reference letter will be stating that I started on "5 July and am still employed at the company" but the date of the letter will be whenever I get an ITA, so October, December, who knows. But it will cover the remaining 16 weeks.

That should be okay right? Or do I need to write a Letter of Explanation to stress I have completed 12 full months and that job 1 was 36 weeks and job 2 is 16 weeks and I'm still working in it?

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Hi there,

When you got that letter ,have you completed 1 year job experience at that time????
Or your 1yr job experience was completed after the date mentioned on the letter????