+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC: Leaving job after AOR and claiming 50 pts for arranged employment

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
This depends on where the applicant is at after AOR. Say if they have a decision made on their application or COPR, what is IRCC going to do? Cancel their PR??? I very much doubt it.

But if they find out after asking for your pay stubs and updated letter that you lost the job then sure, the applicant is in trouble.
Yes, I was only talking about this from original context that job loss happened while the PR app is in progress
But if ircc made a decision already on the app, dont think they would do anything but that also depends on the VO as we cannot assume the VO wont put a misrepresentation charge if they find out that this happened before eCOPR date and the applicant didn’t inform ircc of the change.

Last edited:
Reactions: moscatojuices

bpj2289

May 5, 2021
What if the same company transfers you to another country for a short period as part of their business needs? Will that also cause lose of 50 points?

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
What if the same company transfers you to another country for a short period as part of their business needs? Will that also cause lose of 50 points?
If you’re not in Canada for sometime and transferred , but the job offer for Canada stays valid(true) and for one year after PR , then you wont lose points

Reactions: bpj2289

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Seems like an unplausible scenario to me. What are you getting at? Why would a company transfer you AWAY during an active immigration process of the country you're trying to immigrate to? I've never heard of this.

bpj2289

May 5, 2021
Seems like an unplausible scenario to me. What are you getting at? Why would a company transfer you AWAY during an active immigration process of the country you're trying to immigrate to? I've never heard of this.
The immigration is not sponsored by the company and the MNC has the full authority to move their resources where they have bigger business interest.

canadawp.india

Sep 7, 2020
Hi All,
I'm facing a similar situation, I hold an ICT Closed Work permit that is LMIA exempt with Employer A. I've applied for permanent residency and claimed 50 points using the LMIA exempt offer from Employer A. Now, after receiving the AOR, if I initiate a work permit application with Employer B, which is LMIA based, about two months after AOR, but I haven't changed employers yet as the LMIA-based work permit is still in progress, should I inform IRCC? Also, is there a risk of losing the 50 points I gained from Employer A?