+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC / Express Entry Eligibility

Staysafe

Feb 25, 2021
Just recieved "Not eligible for Express Entry" from IRCC and I am trying to figure out the main reason, as my IELTS is good (CLB 7) and only seven months old. I also indicated enough funds of $50,000.

I have a PGWP but job offer has no LMIA and I started this job in March 2020, but I had a previous job which I have used to claim One year of Canadian work experience.

1) Do I need to wait to have a complete one year in my current job before reapplying?
2) Since PGWP is LMIA exempt, should i select "LMIA exempt based on Canadian Interest...."?
But my employer is not listed on my Work Permit.
3) Since I was not yet in the pool (No ITA yet) should I answer "Yes" in the section they are asking if I had applied to Express Entry when i want to re-apply?

Grateful, if someone can help guide me.

Simratpal

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Just recieved "Not eligible for Express Entry" from IRCC and I am trying to figure out the main reason, as my IELTS is good (CLB 7) and only seven months old. I also indicated enough funds of $50,000.

I have a PGWP but job offer has no LMIA and I started this job in March 2020, but I had a previous job which I have used to claim One year of Canadian work experience.

1) Do I need to wait to have a complete one year in my current job before reapplying?
2) Since PGWP is LMIA exempt, should i select "LMIA exempt based on Canadian Interest...."?
3) Since I was not yet in the pool (No ITA yet) should I answer "Yes" in the section they are asking if I had applied to Express Entry when i want to re-apply?

Was your position falls in Noc O, A and B. If yes then you are eligible with one year of experience. It doesn’t matter whether it’s continuous or not. Job duties plays a big role in accessing your category. If you exactly want to know the reason behind refusal. Order Gcms notes if you have applied application and you got refusal

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

1) What do you have listed as your primary NOC? Does it match the NOC where you have at least one year of work experience? If not, this is probably the problem.
2) Say "no" to the question about whether you have a job offer. What you have doesn't qualify as a job offer unless your employer gets an approved LMIA.
3) No.

Staysafe

Feb 25, 2021
Thanks Simratpal and Scylla.
I seem to have found and fixed the problem. I scored 65/100 on my earlier profile as I didn’t claim my self employment previously, but just did and it gave me extra 2 points to scale the Minimum Entry Criteria of 67 points.

However, I have just discovered another problem which I do not understand.
From the CRS calculator on IRCC website we should get an additional 15CRS for one or two years of Canadian Education but when I indicate dates of the school as from Sept 2017 to June 2019, I do not get this additional 15CRS.
I played around with dates to confirm my suspicion and it gives me the additional 15CRS when I indicate Canadian school was from July 2017 to July 2019

railoc

Dec 11, 2020
Thanks Simratpal and Scylla.
I seem to have found and fixed the problem. I scored 65/100 on my earlier profile as I didn’t claim my self employment previously, but just did and it gave me extra 2 points to scale the Minimum Entry Criteria of 67 points.

However, I have just discovered another problem which I do not understand.
From the CRS calculator on IRCC website we should get an additional 15CRS for one or two years of Canadian Education but when I indicate dates of the school as from Sept 2017 to June 2019, I do not get this additional 15CRS.
I played around with dates to confirm my suspicion and it gives me the additional 15CRS when I indicate Canadian school was from July 2017 to July 2019
May I ask what was the problem because the same thing happened to me and I’m not sure what I did wrong

Staysafe

Feb 25, 2021
@railoc, what same thing happened?
The Minimum Eligibility Criteria problem or is it the not getting the additional 15CRS for Canadian Education?

railoc

Dec 11, 2020
It is saying that I am not eligible but based on all criteria’s I’m pretty sure that I am

Staysafe

Feb 25, 2021
@railoc
1) Have you checked your Minimum Eligibility Criteria? What did you score out of the 100 marks. Note that without LMIA you will not get scores for valid job offer.
2) Do you have a one year work experience in Canada? Start and End dates must = or > 1 year. Hours must be > 30hrs / week
3) What is your NOC (O, A, or B?)