+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Are those who are on Workpermit and on Deputation from the US based firm in Canada fall under CEC

Jun 12, 2020
Hi,

My husband and I are currently on Work permit and are deputed from a US based firm to Canada for a little over 9 months now. My husband has overall 14 months of experience in Canada (not continuous though.

We are paying our taxes in Canada, however we do not have an offer letter from a Canadian firm, but a deputation letter stating we would be providing our services in Canada. Does this qualify for us to apply under CEC.

Please confirm. we are short by 50 points, and if we show this experience this would shot up our points and be eligible for CEC as well.

We needed information on:
- If we are paying our taxes in Canada, does that make us eligible under CEC
- if we apply under CEC and are picked in the draw, what documentation would be asked to prove our CEC status.

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi,

My husband and I are currently on Work permit and are deputed from a US based firm to Canada for a little over 9 months now. My husband has overall 14 months of experience in Canada (not continuous though.

We are paying our taxes in Canada, however we do not have an offer letter from a Canadian firm, but a deputation letter stating we would be providing our services in Canada. Does this qualify for us to apply under CEC.

Please confirm. we are short by 50 points, and if we show this experience this would shot up our points and be eligible for CEC as well.

We needed information on:
- If we are paying our taxes in Canada, does that make us eligible under CEC
- if we apply under CEC and are picked in the draw, what documentation would be asked to prove our CEC status.
I am sailing in the same boat.

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Do we qualify to apply under CEC then?
I had read many post and spoke with some persons but still I am confused. they said if you are working Canada and paying taxes here so you are eligible under CEC but you have to have Canadian address of your Work location.

Reactions: vinnanji