+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cbsa interview

Abdul067

Apr 3, 2018
Hi, My refugee claimant application rejected and cbsa send a removal and PRRA application letter in one envelope, I submit PRRA application by post to backlog reduction office vancouver as per cbsa letter information and I no get reply from Vancouver office yet but I received another letter today from cbsa stating " a decession has been rendered with respect to your application to the minister for protection under the immigration and refugee protection act , to receive this decession you are required to attend in person" any one can help to understand are this cbsa letter is in reply of PRRa application, if yes why cbsa send letter instead of Vancouver PRRA application office, I have also some health issue after mutilple car accidents and I m on treatment/doctor from insurance company or this is something different as cbsa indicate minister of protection and may PRRa application still In process, what questions or situation I can face at interview Thanks Abdul

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
This is PRRA interview. You need to attend. CBSA is responsible for deportations and removals, so this is why they have sent the letter. This will determine if you can defer you removal or not.

Abdul067

Apr 3, 2018
Thanks for information
After interview Cbsa will make decession on PRRA application or Vancouver office , Thanks

Mrs usman

Dec 5, 2021
Hello every one I have question my husband came here in Canada on PR but due to his messey divorce from his ex wife .he got charged with break and enter got 6 month and up jail time which made his PR revoked
Then he got PRRA kicked in which got rejected once then he did appeal at federal court and federal gave him review of his PRRA . Now his got letter from cbsa that his removal are subjected and cbsa needs to do arrangement for his departure. Since he remarried to me .and I am.canadain citizen .we thought that will make difference bit we just found out that my husband is inadmissible in Canada. Now we both are in panic his interview is on 7th dec with cbsa and I am full term.pragnant .any advice will help thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello every one I have question my husband came here in Canada on PR but due to his messey divorce from his ex wife .he got charged with break and enter got 6 month and up jail time which made his PR revoked
Then he got PRRA kicked in which got rejected once then he did appeal at federal court and federal gave him review of his PRRA . Now his got letter from cbsa that his removal are subjected and cbsa needs to do arrangement for his departure. Since he remarried to me .and I am.canadain citizen .we thought that will make difference bit we just found out that my husband is inadmissible in Canada. Now we both are in panic his interview is on 7th dec with cbsa and I am full term.pragnant .any advice will help thanks
Are you working with a good immigration lawyer? You need a really good immigration lawyer at this point.

Yes, his criminal conviction makes him inadmissible.

This is a really complicated situation and in my opinion you are past the point where you should be trying to navigate this on your own.

Do not skip the December 7th interview with CBSA but do get advice from a lawyer.

Good luck.

Mrs usman

Dec 5, 2021
Are you working with a good immigration lawyer? You need a really good immigration lawyer at this point.

Yes, his criminal conviction makes him inadmissible.

This is a really complicated situation and in my opinion you are past the point where you should be trying to navigate this on your own.

Do not skip the December 7th interview with CBSA but do get advice from a lawyer.

Good luck.
Thanks for your reply my question is can we ask handful of time while at the interview plus will cbsa officer tell us our option or No.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks for your reply my question is can we ask handful of time while at the interview plus will cbsa officer tell us our option or No.
Disclose information to the Agent and they will explain your options. its kinda complicated because there's no application filed at the moment and there is conviction ( inadmissibility ). You both need good lawyer to explore rehabilitation and reapply in future.