+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBSA interview before refugee hearing .

A45

Aug 31, 2018
Hi,I need advice I have applied refugee for my parents last year. Last week I got message from lawyer CBSA schedule interview. In interview CBSA officer asked about them for personal information .They already got refugee claimants document and fingerprints from IRCC in April 2021.Can you please reply .

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi,I need advice I have applied refugee for my parents last year. Last week I got message from lawyer CBSA schedule interview. In interview CBSA officer asked about them for personal information .They already got refugee claimants document and fingerprints from IRCC in April 2021.Can you please reply .
What specific advice are you looking for?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you apply for asylum yourself to gain PR? Unfortunately we have seen some parents apply for asylum in an attempt to move to Canada to be with their children. Unclear whether this is the case with your application or whether that is the concern. It looks like they applied for a TRV. it looks like your mother was working at a hospital and likely had good ties (assets, jobs, property) in order to secure a TRV. There is usually a comparison to a person wrote in their TRV application versus current claims. Have you submitted EOI for PGP before?

A45

Aug 31, 2018
Did you apply for asylum yourself to gain PR? Unfortunately we have seen some parents apply for asylum in an attempt to move to Canada to be with their children. Unclear whether this is the case with your application or whether that is the concern. It looks like they applied for a TRV. it looks like your mother was working at a hospital and likely had good ties (assets, jobs, property) in order to secure a TRV. There is usually a comparison to a person wrote in their TRV application versus current claims. Have you submitted EOI for PGP before?
Hi,I am talking about my parents I am Canadian citizen .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,I am talking about my parents I am Canadian citizen .
Yes I do realize that as you can see from my questions. I was asking how you got PR to find out whether you had needed to apply for asylum. Had you attempted to sponsor them via PGP or a supervisa before?

A45

Aug 31, 2018
Yes I do realize that as you can see from my questions. I was asking how you got PR to find out whether you had needed to apply for asylum. Had you attempted to sponsor them via PGP or a supervisa before?
I needed to apply for asylum when incident happened with my parents as being a Christian.I did not try PGP and super visa for them.And I came in Canada as permanent resident.If they life not in danger then i can try another program.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I needed to apply for asylum when incident happened with my parents as being a Christian.I did not try PGP and super visa for them.And I came in Canada as permanent resident.If they life not in danger then i can try another program.
Sorry to hear about the incidence Happened to your mum. Did you secure service of the lawyer for your mum claim? If the answer is yes, then i suppose lawyer can also attend the questioning along with your mum. It has to do with the disclosure on BOC, integrity or some interesting information against her claim: we can only speculate but no one is certain about the interview.

Reactions: scylla

A45

Aug 31, 2018
Sorry to hear about the incidence Happened to your mum. Did you secure service of the lawyer for your mum claim? If the answer is yes, then i suppose lawyer can also attend the questioning along with your mum. It has to do with the disclosure on BOC, integrity or some interesting information against her claim: we can only speculate but no one is certain about the interview.
Thanks for reply. yes my lawyer with them over the phone at time of interview.