+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cash and Proof of Funds during first landing

bkmehta

Feb 12, 2022
I am confused reagrding cash that I will bring to Canada for initial period and the Proof of Funds.
Should I show proof of funds using bank certificate after or before withdrawing cash for the initial expenses? How much cash do you recommend I should carry and how much should I transfer from my Indian bank to Canadian bank later?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am confused reagrding cash that I will bring to Canada for initial period and the Proof of Funds.
Should I show proof of funds using bank certificate after or before withdrawing cash for the initial expenses? How much cash do you recommend I should carry and how much should I transfer from my Indian bank to Canadian bank later?
Bank statement from any worldwide bank is fine. In terms of cash it is really up to you. Not sure how easy it is to get Canadian cash in India but in general most don’t really use cash but a few hundred if you can get it may be good in case of emergency. You’ll need to consider things like how are you leaving the airport, will you have access to mobile right away for things like Uber if you are arranging your own transport or should you have some cash on hand just in case you can’t use cards and mobile, etc. I would make sure you advise your bank and credit cards about your travel to Canada so they aren’t refused due to potential fraud.