+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Caregiver Work Permit

Jan 8, 2023
Hi,

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm needing your advice and ideas on this particular situation. My sister is currently on tourist visa here in Canada, she arrived in December. She is hoping to get a work permit under the public policy for tourist visa holders.

She found an employer that desperately wants to hire her with an available LMIA and the job is Caregiver, she has experience and nursing education, met basic requirements. My questions are as follows:

1. Based on the public policy, is she eligible to apply for work permit as a caregiver?

2. If she is, based on the canada.ca website, paper applications are processed faster (66days) than online (160 days), is this true?

3. Caregiver wp applications are included on covid 19 list of wp processed faster than other jobs, how long do we expect to wait for the wp approval?

4. Any ideas on what documents and requirements that are needed for the work permit application? We are planning to have her documents sent here in Canada via mail expedited from Philippines.

Hoping to get insights from those who actually knows this process and knows somebody who went through the same process as we have already received conflicting information and it's confusing us.

Thanks everyone in advance!

intuitive

Jun 11, 2020
Hi,

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm needing your advice and ideas on this particular situation. My sister is currently on tourist visa here in Canada, she arrived in December. She is hoping to get a work permit under the public policy for tourist visa holders.

She found an employer that desperately wants to hire her with an available LMIA and the job is Caregiver, she has experience and nursing education, met basic requirements. My questions are as follows:

1. Based on the public policy, is she eligible to apply for work permit as a caregiver?

2. If she is, based on the canada.ca website, paper applications are processed faster (66days) than online (160 days), is this true?

3. Caregiver wp applications are included on covid 19 list of wp processed faster than other jobs, how long do we expect to wait for the wp approval?

4. Any ideas on what documents and requirements that are needed for the work permit application? We are planning to have her documents sent here in Canada via mail expedited from Philippines.

Hoping to get insights from those who actually knows this process and knows somebody who went through the same process as we have already received conflicting information and it's confusing us.

Thanks everyone in advance!
No it’s not possible now to apply under HCCP OR HSW as a tourist they change policy. But she can apply under LMIA .