Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01 June, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
16 June, 2010
LANDED..........
10 October, 2010
Hello friends. I want to apply for my mom and dad as a caregiver for my kids. Are there people that have similar experiences. I have two children and I’m a single parent. Beside daycare and school I’m going to need a caregiver as I’m changing my career and I’m going to start working by shifts and as well as night shifts or early and late shifts and I’ll need a permanent alternative care. How can I apply and/or it’s realistic. It is sooooo important for me, otherwise I won’t be able to do anything...
Thank you in advance!

harkaran 2010

Aug 13, 2020
Hello friends. I want to apply for my mom and dad as a caregiver for my kids. Are there people that have similar experiences. I have two children and I’m a single parent. Beside daycare and school I’m going to need a caregiver as I’m changing my career and I’m going to start working by shifts and as well as night shifts or early and late shifts and I’ll need a permanent alternative care. How can I apply and/or it’s realistic. It is sooooo important for me, otherwise I won’t be able to do anything...
Thank you in advance!
According to this new caregiver program there are mandatory requirement
1 caregiver education should have completed at least 13 yrs of education
2. Creddential of education should be done 2nd must be equal to canadian 12 grade.
3. Minimum 5 bands in English.
4.Experience of at least one year in caregiver or 6 months course in caregiving.

Nari

Aug 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 June 2009
Doc's Request.
01 Sept 2009
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2009
Med's Request
03 March 2010
Med's Done....
31 March 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01 June, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
16 June, 2010
LANDED..........
10 October, 2010
According to this new caregiver program there are mandatory requirement
1 caregiver education should have completed at least 13 yrs of education
2. Creddential of education should be done 2nd must be equal to canadian 12 grade.
3. Minimum 5 bands in English.
4.Experience of at least one year in caregiver or 6 months course in caregiving.
Thanks so much for your answer.
1. She was a teacher at school for over 35 years. Does this count?
2. Credentials of her diploma?
3. Celpip? Even it is for her own grandchildren?
4. She looked after my kids all the time, whenever she’s here, she stayed here over a year on her previous visit, but it was not like work, she was just helping me. This doesn’t count as an experience?
5. Is there any other less complicated way to get them here, I need my parents so bad here, othyi won’t be able to work...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
4. She looked after my kids all the time, whenever she’s here, she stayed here over a year on her previous visit, but it was not like work, she was just helping me. This doesn’t count as an experience?
5. Is there any other less complicated way to get them here, I need my parents so bad here, othyi won’t be able to work...
Would add that they sound like seniors and only one would apply to be the caregiver. Just the fact that your mother is likely of retirement age makes her unlikely to be approved on top of other reasons.. Do you currently make enough to show that you can afford a caregiver salary and all the contributions? They could technically visit you for 2 years if you meet the LICO for a supervisa? Although they aren't supposed to work many do end up watching grandchildren. That is your best option for the next few years if you meet LICO.

harkaran 2010

Aug 13, 2020
I It is mandatory for caregiver to get 5 bands in ielts .
2.nd after creddential her education should be equal to canadian 12.grand .
3.I think you should try super visa or any other visa ,bcz qualifying for caregiver may be not easy for your mother
4..As a employer u have to proof that u have enough money to support you nd give salary to caregiver.To be more clear abt this program consult some lawyer, bcz they can guide more clearly.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The process can take years. You need to set up a business registration number with CRA (for tax deductions, wage median etc.) and show that you have been unable to hire in Canada. You have to show that you have advertised for the position. Family members, especially a parent are highly scrutinized. And even more so if your parents are seniors. Look at supervisa, when it opens.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/caregiver.html

gurmanbrargb

Aug 16, 2016
Thank you in advance!
Hi am interested to with you..

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you in advance!
You need to pay salary to the caregiver. So I don't think you are looking to do that for your parents.

Many people do that but caregiver is a tough job. If you eventually decide to get supervise for your parents to come, you should only mention them want to spend time with their grandchildren. Coming over to work as a caregiver is NOT allow for visitors. (even if you do not plan to pay their for the job).

Nari

Aug 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 June 2009
Doc's Request.
01 Sept 2009
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2009
Med's Request
03 March 2010
Med's Done....
31 March 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01 June, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
16 June, 2010
LANDED..........
10 October, 2010
That’s what actually is going to happen, they’re not coming here to work, but just help me with my kids. But since they have only a visitor visa I need to extend it every 6 months. I’m just trying to find alternative ways to have them here. I’m so confused..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That’s what actually is going to happen, they’re not coming here to work, but just help me with my kids. But since they have only a visitor visa I need to extend it every 6 months. I’m just trying to find alternative ways to have them here. I’m so confused..
The long term solution is to qualify to sponsor them under the parent / grandparent PR sponsorship program and then be selected out of the lottery to submit an application. Once they are permanent residents, they will be free to live here and do whatever they want.

The only realistic short term solution is to continue to have them here as visitors (either on a TRV or super visa if you meet the income requirements).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
BTW - what they are going to be doing is classified as work by IRCC.

Reactions: YVR123