+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Career options for Indian students in Psychology in Canada

HS210

Apr 5, 2021
I've done BA hons in Psychology from India (3-year programme). Post this, I'm doing one-year post graduate diploma in Mental Health from Seneca college. I want to be a psychologist and do masters in either clinical or counseling psychology.

After my research it was known that 4 year under grad degree is required to get admission in masters course here in canada.

Can any one please help me on this to understand , any leads would be much appreciated

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I've done BA hons in Psychology from India (3-year programme). Post this, I'm doing one-year post graduate diploma in Mental Health from Seneca college. I want to be a psychologist and do masters in either clinical or counseling psychology.

After my research it was known that 4 year under grad degree is required to get admission in masters course here in canada.

Can any one please help me on this to understand , any leads would be much appreciated
To get into a Canadian masters program you need a 4 year degree (Honours). To be a psychologist, you need a PhD except I think for Alberta or Saskatchewan.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You may also want to consider doing a masters in social work. Social workers can provide counselling. You may be required to take a year of additional university course. Some universities may accept your year at Seneca plus your 3 year degree. You need to speak to each program to see what they are willing to accept as prerequisites.