+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Car club membership like AAA and international drivers licence ?

sarimraza

May 23, 2012
Dear All

1. Can i use my international drivers licence to drive initially in Toronto ? its issued from pakistan but in list of countries it has canada also

2. Once i get car if i want to prepare for emergencies such as flat tyre, dead battery, key lock etc -- can i get membership of some firm like there is AAA in the USA ? theres a fee u pay per year and they come and help u whenever ur in trouble

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You have two months after you move to Ontario to change your license. Until then, you can drive on your foreign license.

2. In Canada, it is called CAA, see http://www.caa.ca/index_caa.cfm

lianacona

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
96--
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2012
AOR Received.
13-07-2012
Med's Request
13-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-07-2012 Sent to CEM:..: 31-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Refused, October 12, 2012
Leon, I am new here and admire your knowledge about issues pertaining here. What can you say about one leaving for Canada on a TWP, but changing his status just before his departure, say, getting married? If his wife follows him on a separate TWP which she got after applying as single, will it be a problem to them later if they live together in Canada? Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lianacona said:
Leon, I am new here and admire your knowledge about issues pertaining here. What can you say about one leaving for Canada on a TWP, but changing his status just before his departure, say, getting married? If his wife follows him on a separate TWP which she got after applying as single, will it be a problem to them later if they live together in Canada? Thanks!
It could be seen as misrepresentation of some sort if one of them later wants to apply for PR. Why don't they just arrive together with their work permits and announce their marriage as they enter Canada?