+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQ Renewal help with checklist

idkkkkkk

Jun 25, 2021
Hello people I hope you’ll be able to help me with the few questions I have today.
I arrived in Canada last winter and my caq as well as my study permit are going to expire in March 2023. I started my application for a Caq and got my checklist but I have a few questions about it.

1- Transcripts from the educational institution covering the entire validity period of your CAQ. ( I asked my institution for the documents and they said it was going to take them 3 weeks since a lot of teachers are not done grading yet. Should I skip this document and send an explanation letter ? I need to apply for my study permit renewal no later than 30 days before it expires and I’m afraid this is going to delay it.

2-If applicable, letter of explanation AND document justifying the reason why your transcripts do not show that you studied full-time during this entire period. (So in my case I actually skipped the last 2 sessions of my studies. I realized that I didn’t like my program and it’s not something I enjoy studying. Id say it was mentally draining to but I also knew that I was going to university after that since I received my letter of acceptance. The degree I was pursing has nothing to do with what I’m going to study at uni. I’m not currently working and I wasn’t during that period. Since I’m missing so many credits I don’t think I’ll get a diploma. Do I have to explain this in my letter ? Is it acceptable to stop going to school because you’re applying to a new one and starting a new degree ?
Also if you happen to know are there any delays currently in caq applications ?
Thanks for taking the time to read this I appreciate it