+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQ question about re-apply

cilin

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hello everyone, my study will from Jan 2021, I've got CAQ in Oct, valid date is start from Dec 2020. But my study permit was refused recently. I'm going to apply for second time, and I'm going to defer my study to Sep 2021, should I apply CAQ again? because in the letter it has a words below,

Your certificate is still valid for obtaining a study permit in the event that your admission is postponed from the fall session to the following winter session. However, if you postpone your admission from the winter session to a later session or to the following year, you will be required to obtain a new certificate, regardless of the expiry date on your current certificate.

Jago93

Oct 21, 2020
Hello everyone, my study will from Jan 2021, I've got CAQ in Oct, valid date is start from Dec 2020. But my study permit was refused recently. I'm going to apply for second time, and I'm going to defer my study to Sep 2021, should I apply CAQ again? because in the letter it has a words below,

Your certificate is still valid for obtaining a study permit in the event that your admission is postponed from the fall session to the following winter session. However, if you postpone your admission from the winter session to a later session or to the following year, you will be required to obtain a new certificate, regardless of the expiry date on your current certificate.
Hello Cilin, sorry to know that notice about visa permit,

Well, I would like to ask you a couple of questions and also try to give you some information about your question:
1. When did you apply for the CAQ?
2. How long took the visa response did it take?
3. What was the motive to reject your application?

I found this information, maybe you can find it useful and also I advice you to contact them in order to be clear.
What about students who would like to continue their studies after December 31, 2020?

Foreign students who would like to extend their stay in Québec for studies beyond December 31, 2020, in order to complete a study program or to begin a new program in the fall 2020 semester, must submit a new application for a CAQ for studies to the MIFI and a new application for a study permit to the federal government. In all cases, students should start the required immigration procedures at least three months before their current authorization for studies expires.

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/news/news-2020/covid-19.html

cilin

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Hello Cilin, sorry to know that notice about visa permit,

Well, I would like to ask you a couple of questions and also try to give you some information about your question:
1. When did you apply for the CAQ?
2. How long took the visa response did it take?
3. What was the motive to reject your application?

I found this information, maybe you can find it useful and also I advice you to contact them in order to be clear.
What about students who would like to continue their studies after December 31, 2020?

Foreign students who would like to extend their stay in Québec for studies beyond December 31, 2020, in order to complete a study program or to begin a new program in the fall 2020 semester, must submit a new application for a CAQ for studies to the MIFI and a new application for a study permit to the federal government. In all cases, students should start the required immigration procedures at least three months before their current authorization for studies expires.

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/news/news-2020/covid-19.html

Hi Jago93, thanks for reply. My answer below

1. When did you apply for the CAQ?---I applied it in mid of Sep, last month, after two weeks got it
2. How long took the visa response did it take?-----Then I applied study permit this month, just one week got response, refused
3. What was the motive to reject your application?-----Visit purpose and financial status, don't believe I will leave Canada after study. I'm asking the Notes for details, still not received. The rejection letter is from Ottawa, not our local visa office.

I still don't understand if I need to re-apply CAQ. For I'm a new student for 2021 winter session, because of the rejection of study permit, I have to defer my study to fall 2021 session and submit visa again. But CAQ already give me valid period time from 2021-2014, should I re-apply it?

Jago93

Oct 21, 2020

1. When did you apply for the CAQ?---I applied it in mid of Sep, last month, after two weeks got it
2. How long took the visa response did it take?-----Then I applied study permit this month, just one week got response, refused
3. What was the motive to reject your application?-----Visit purpose and financial status, don't believe I will leave Canada after study. I'm asking the Notes for details, still not received. The rejection letter is from Ottawa, not our local visa office.

I still don't understand if I need to re-apply CAQ. For I'm a new student for 2021 winter session, because of the rejection of study permit, I have to defer my study to fall 2021 session and submit visa again. But CAQ already give me valid period time from 2021-2014, should I re-apply it?
hello cilin, I recommend you call this number +1 5148649191 (quebec offices)

Slash25

Feb 24, 2022

Hey,

any update on this?
I am facing the same issue.