+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't Change my mailing address

adacs_kmr

May 2, 2016
A month ago I just landed in Canada, everything was fine. But then one problem I have is I can't change my MAILING ADDRESS using the Address Notification tool from CIC. I've been trying countless of times and it's still my old home country address even though my HOME ADDRESS had been updated to my new Canadian address. I tried calling CIC and they told me to submit a case specific enquiry which I did, twice; but no answer. Does anyone have the same problem with me? I'm afraid that I won't be able to receive my PR card at all!

J. Pizzle

Mar 1, 2015
I have a similar but not identical problem. The web tool won't find my application in order to change the address at all. I think it's because it's not in process yet, which is insane - all I need to do is make a digital note to change my address.
I also submitted a help ticket more than two weeks ago and all I got was a "we strive to answer all questions within 5 days" email. No response, though.
Personally, I would happily trade even longer wait times for better communication about what the heck is going on with my application and why!

gus99

Aug 4, 2017
adacs_kmr, I have a similar situation. Not able to change my mailing address, but I was able to change the home addres successfully. Were you able to fix it?

Thanks,
-Gus

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
I have heard that it takes 2 to 15 Days to update your new address after you apply.

Alternatively you may advise the occupants of you old address to retain/Redirect your PR card and call you to Collect ?

gus99

Aug 4, 2017
Thanks for the feedback Kkd. I have called CIC a while back and they assured me that my mailing address was actually the same as my home address. Nevertheless on the website, the mailing address never changed, its still pointing to the address of my agent. Furthermore, I recieved 2 emails last week requesting photo retakes for the PR cards, and at the top of the letter, its mentioning the correct mailing address. So it might be a display issue on the website, its updating correctly but somehow its not displaying the changes or maybe its because I used an agent earlier. Even though I have sent a cancelation of the represenative, by attaching a singned "use of a represenatitve" (IMM 5476) form online, it didn't change a thing :)

Kkd

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Thanks for the feedback Kkd. I have called CIC a while back and they assured me that my mailing address was actually the same as my home address. Nevertheless on the website, the mailing address never changed, its still pointing to the address of my agent. Furthermore, I recieved 2 emails last week requesting photo retakes for the PR cards, and at the top of the letter, its mentioning the correct mailing address. So it might be a display issue on the website, its updating correctly but somehow its not displaying the changes or maybe its because I used an agent earlier. Even though I have sent a cancelation of the represenative, by attaching a singned "use of a represenatitve" (IMM 5476) form online, it didn't change a thing :)
I feel you have NO reason to worry.

gus99

Aug 4, 2017
Just a quick update for others in a similar situation. CIC was indeed wrong, after several calls and emails assuring me that my mailing address has changed, they sent my PR card to the mailing address which was still appearing (and refusing to change) on the address notification website, that of my agent from the time when she was working on my PR application. The real funny part is that my dependants mailing address was changed correctly and I received their PR cards at the right address. Go figure! Only I, as the principal applicant, couldnt change my address on the website. I have no idea how to solve this for the sake of future applications, even though I told CIC so many times to fix it.

kia99

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
Nomination.....
10-09-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2013
File Transfer...
05-04-2013; In Process: 05-04-2013; RPRF Fees paid: 05-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2013
Med's Done....
14-01-2013, Meds Delivered - 24-01-2013
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
13-07-2013
Hi @gus99 - I am in the same boat; my application still shows older mailing address. How do I fix this really?

gus99

Aug 4, 2017
I wasn't really able to fix it to be honest, I just gave up eventually. I received all my PR cards now and didn't bother anymore. Hope you have better luck.