+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cannot land before Copr expires

Sumeey

May 27, 2020
Hello there
My parents got PR approval this year in January and were about to come in May but due to covid situation they had to cancel the tickets and their deadline for landing is 23rd July. Please let me know what if their landing deadline expires do they have to take medical PCC again or how does the extension works
Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello there
My parents got PR approval this year in January and were about to come in May but due to covid situation they had to cancel the tickets and their deadline for landing is 23rd July. Please let me know what if their landing deadline expires do they have to take medical PCC again or how does the extension works
Thanks
Follow guidelines in this link and send in a web form to inicate cannot travel at the moment

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

There afe many threads on this forum for the same questions

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello there
Thanks
Many other threads on this topic. You can request an extension which will start being processed once the COPR expires. Currently people are being given 3 months. If your parents are able to travel before July23rd I would suggest considering it. Extensions are not going to be given indefinitely and they will likely need to travel before a vaccine is discovered and given to all the people of the world. With parents they could be asked to repeat medicals at a certain point. Currently most are not. With parents this is always a risk.