+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancelation of Visa to Canada

Puddee

Apr 1, 2014
Hi,

I am wondering if I need to cancel a visa. Here's the situation....

I did a sponsorship under the Live-in Caregiver program (LCP). She is from the Philippines but was working in Norway at the time of paperwork processing so the issuing visa office was London. Her work contract expired in Norway so she had to go back to the Philippines to wait for the work permit under the LCP. It was approved (issued in the London office) but now things have changed and she is unable to make it out of the Philippines due to more delays and I cannot wait for her anymore so now I have looked at other options. So at this time I don't need her anymore and I'm not sure when I will need her.

The questions are.....

1. Do I need to inform CIC or Canada visa office to cancel her visa? Her visa expires in March 2017.
2. Do I need to inform anybody that I no longer need a live in caregiver at this time?
3. Can she just find a new employer, have a new contract, and complete the LMO process, and still use the same visa?
4. Will this affect my future of sponsorship under the LCP in case if I need to use it again?

If anybody can help me that would be great! Thanks so much :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Puddee said:
1. Do I need to inform CIC or Canada visa office to cancel her visa? Her visa expires in March 2017.
2. Do I need to inform anybody that I no longer need a live in caregiver at this time?
3. Can she just find a new employer, have a new contract, and complete the LMO process, and still use the same visa?
4. Will this affect my future of sponsorship under the LCP in case if I need to use it again?
Hi

1. Yes, you need to inform CIC that you are no longer hiring her.

2. You only need to tell CIC.

3. No, she cannot use the same permit with a different employer.

4. No, it shouldn't affect any future applications.