+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian/US Citizen living in US wants to sponsor US Citizen spouse and minor kids

nadeembc

Oct 27, 2017
I am a Canadian citizen and a US citizen. I have been living in the US for many years. I want to sponsor my two kids 9 and 12 years old and my wife (all US citizens) for Canadian residence and citizenship.

Question: Should I first get Citizenship certificates for my kids right now and later sponsor my wife for Canadian residence?
OR Should I sponsor all three for Canadian residence?

Alex54321

Jul 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
I am a Canadian citizen and a US citizen. I have been living in the US for many years. I want to sponsor my two kids 9 and 12 years old and my wife (all US citizens) for Canadian residence and citizenship.

Question: Should I first get Citizenship certificates for my kids right now and later sponsor my wife for Canadian residence?
OR Should I sponsor all three for Canadian residence?
You cannot sponsor Canadian citizens for PR.
Just get their Citizenships Certificates regardless of your spouse sponsorship...
Why you were waiting so long? I've got my son's Citizenship certificate when he was 8 months old and I glad I did.

nadeembc

Oct 27, 2017
my kids are not Canadian citizens, should I sponsor my wife and kids for PR o just apply for citizenship certificates for the kids since they were bnorn when I was already a Candian citizen?

Alex54321

Jul 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
my kids are not Canadian citizens, should I sponsor my wife and kids for PR o just apply for citizenship certificates for the kids since they were bnorn when I was already a Candian citizen?
Your kids ARE Canadian citizens by you (they are dual citizens), they just do not have their Certificates, which you need to claim. Kids born to Canadian Citizen abroad are Canadian Citizens by parent. You do not have to ask, or request, or beg for their Canadian Citizenship - you have just order their Canadian Certificates, the closest Canadian Consulate will gladly assist you.
You can start Application process for your wife and provide proof that you are ordered Canadian Certificates for the kids.
You are going to sponsor only your wife, kids information will be only on Additional Family Information form.

Reactions: VOBuckeye