+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Reletives Sponsership elegibility

Roxy

Feb 20, 2007
I am a American citizen. My mother's, brother, married a Esther (canadian citizen). 2 of my cousins have Dual Citizenship.
My question is, Can my Aunt Esther's sister, who lives in Ontario, sponser me?
2. Can my cousins who were born in Canada (dual citizenship), sponser me?

If the answer is yes....
Do I have to live in Ontario? Or may I live in B.C.?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Roxy said:
I am a American citizen. My mother's, brother, married a Esther (canadian citizen). 2 of my cousins have Dual Citizenship.
My question is, Can my Aunt Esther's sister, who lives in Ontario, sponser me?
2. Can my cousins who were born in Canada (dual citizenship), sponser me?

If the answer is yes....
Do I have to live in Ontario? Or may I live in B.C.?

Thanks
1. No you cannot be sponsored, under a skilled worker application you would get 5 points for your relationship to your Aunt, is she is residing in Canada. You would have to prove the relationship, your Mother's & Uncles Birth certificate (showing same parents)marriage certificate of Aunt and Uncle, and proof (utilities bills etc) that she resides in Canada.
2. Have you taken the assessment at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-1.html to see if you actually qualify.
3. You can reside wherever you want, when you receive your visa, but you cannot "land" in Quebec without a CSQ.

PMM

Roxy

Feb 20, 2007
1. No you cannot be sponsored, under a skilled worker application you would get 5 points for your relationship to your Aunt, is she is residing in Canada. You would have to prove the relationship, your Mother's & Uncles Birth certificate (showing same parents)marriage certificate of Aunt and Uncle, and proof (utilities bills etc) that she resides in Canada.
2. Have you taken the assessment at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-1.html to see if you actually qualify.3. You can reside wherever you want, when you receive your visa, but you cannot "land" in Quebec without a CSQ.

PMM
[/quote][/quote]

No, I have not taken the assessment you mentioned. I am researching all my options.

I have lived with my Canadian boyfriend for over 4 years. We have thought of getting married, I love him and he loves me, but I really don't want to spend that much $ on flowers.
We have discussed him sponsering me , however I'm hesitant. I am positive that my Canadian Record is inaccurate, or lacking vital information. How would I go correcting it, or adding the overlooked details?

If I may ask your opinion, Do you think hiring a lawyer is more professional than filing the sponsership papers myself?
I am confident I will fill them out properly and neatly, I am just a little worried that the Canadian favors one, or the other.

Thanks